Symphony X  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > SymphonyX
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #76 (permalink)
Meedleyx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth R. View Post
here's the thing dude, everyone knows it's "valid". The fact that you're defending it so readily speaks otherwise though..

Whatev.
Right...in real life I go around all the time preaching the wonders of sweep picking to the unenlightened I meet on the streets

This is a thread about sweep picking, and I'm simply speaking to the topic at hand. My apologies for actually contributing
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #77 (permalink)
Postulate
Have a nice day! :)

Quote:
I go around all the time preaching the wonders of sweep picking to the unenlightened I meet on the streets
"Excuse me sir, have you heard about the wonders of sweep picking?"

Mmmm.
Blindfold? Cigarette? Any other clichés we can get for you before blowing you suddenly into the nothingness that you preached in the apathy and implied in the carelessness of your life? Who are we? Oh, you know...atoms, tracts of empty space, all that stuff. You're tried, and convicted–committed by nothing, of nothing, to nothing. That's what you've always said. Who are you? Oh, now you're asking...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #78 (permalink)
razoredge

I have this friend/aquantence/fellow guitar player I have know for 18 years or so. I saw him yesterday and he sat and went through his entire routene which is all classical based but still quite broad with his little twists and turns. Hes working hard on arpegios in the midst of it. Quite an impressive player with sickening natural skill. One day I have to get a recording of him doing his thing, its really shocking and mind boggling. He just never had the dedication or ambition/desire to put it to work for himself. In that field of harmonic minor, arpegios, fast precise alternate picking, with some hamer ons I honestly feel hes as skilled as most of the best and no he is not a Yngwie clone, heavily inspired tonally but has his own thing going on. I dont even think he learned much of Yngwies stuff.
into this wild abyss, the womb of nature and perhaps her grave, of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire... but all these in their pregnant causes mixed confusedly, and which thus must ever fight, unless the almighty maker then ordain his dark materials to create more worlds, into this wild abyss the wary fiend stood on the brink of hell and looked a while, pondering his voyage
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
antonis
junior member :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
Two Words: Michael Angelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshred View Post
Francesco Fareri(check him out)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
MMM Do you guys dont know Michael Angelo?? The fastest man on earth
you guys best be trolling, these guys just sweep pick for the sake of sweep picking, they can't even phrase properly when NOT sweep picking lol.
just listen to frank gambale for musical use of economy picking (cleaner and more tasteful too, and harder since he just doesn't sweep arpeggios)
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #80 (permalink)
JesterIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
you guys best be trolling, these guys just sweep pick for the sake of sweep picking, they can't even phrase properly when NOT sweep picking lol.
just listen to frank gambale for musical use of economy picking (cleaner and more tasteful too, and harder since he just doesn't sweep arpeggios)
Gambale has to be the only one still impressing me with sweep picking.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:44 AM   #81 (permalink)
Lucius Octavion

I'm not sure about this... I think I'd have to go with Shawn Lane.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM   #82 (permalink)
Siguršr
Nature lover

Luca Turilli but i prefer Jari Mäenpää from wintersun

Last edited by Siguršr : April 23rd, 2010 at 01:49 PM.