Symphony X  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > SymphonyX
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Cool Symphony X On Internet Jukeboxes???

I think it would be GREAT exposure for the band if they were on the internet jukeboxes used by bars. But sadly while Fates Warning IS on some of them, Symphony X is nowhere to be found.
Just think, wouldn't it be great to hear "Wicked" whilst carousing with some buds one night?

I asked Romeo about this and he didn't know what the hell they were.

But I think it's a really good idea.

Jax?

Michael Romeo: Nah, just cigarette smoke.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BeESHFIRo9c/TaplAqtge6I/AAAAAAAACOY/z_HOMB1ayn0/s320/dioshrugged.jpg

Reject Statism: The life you live could be your own.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jax
Forum Goddess

Yeah I've looked for them on the jukebox at my favorite bar too..plenty of Dream Theater to be found, but no SymX. I'll have to ask management how we'd go about fixing that problem.
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Thumbs up

Yes please. The day they are available on them I will personally declare a national holiday.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BeESHFIRo9c/TaplAqtge6I/AAAAAAAACOY/z_HOMB1ayn0/s320/dioshrugged.jpg

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Detective Clarence Beauregard
Dehumanized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
plenty of Dream Theater to be found
Haha that would probably drive everyone straight out of the bar!

"I refuse to abandon my work! I've finished my research on the T-Virus, but I need a little more time to complete the more powerful G-Virus." - William Birkin
"Do as you wish. I will follow my initial plan and lure the S.T.A.R.S. members into the mansion. Their superior combat training
should make them perfect test subjects." - Albert Wesker
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Marwen
Five Align

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Clarence Beauregard View Post
Haha that would probably drive everyone straight out of the bar!
Heheh I can only imagine.
"Reedeeeemptioooon...!!" Heheheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismatic Sphere View Post
I asked Romeo about this and he didn't know what the hell they were.

Well I'm not American but I guess that would be awesome.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Question

Hey Jax, any developments???

Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
OfSinsAndShred

If this happens, I'll be the happiest drunk ever.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Detective Clarence Beauregard
Dehumanized

So I was in my favorite bar last night and The Odyssey came on and it was so awesome that by the end everyone was singing along to the chorus! is what I would say if I ever heard Symphony X in a bar.

"I refuse to abandon my work! I've finished my research on the T-Virus, but I need a little more time to complete the more powerful G-Virus." - William Birkin
"Do as you wish. I will follow my initial plan and lure the S.T.A.R.S. members into the mansion. Their superior combat training
should make them perfect test subjects." - Albert Wesker
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
eucharist and the vacuum

if anyones in the chelmsford, mass area reflections bar in the drum hill section has paradise lost in the internet juke...baboom
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Cool

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've just made some headway with the people over at TouchTunes. I emailed practically everybody in their contacts section. Finally someone got back to me. Here is what she said:

We received your request, thank you.
Below are the actions taken in order to get the ball rolling to have the music available. Please let me know if I should change anything.

I have added 3 albums for our licensing team to verify by Symphony X; Paradise Lost, Twilight in Olympus and Odyssey.

Old October 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Thumbs up

The three albums, I told her, were a good starting point. Though I requested their entire discography(minus the s/t) stressing that EVERY song was good.

However, since they are changing labels, and only SX, Jax, and a few others know to which one they are going, I sent the people at TouchTunes Jax's email addy. I hope you don't mind Jax, but you may want to expect to hear from them.

I also requested a bunch of other prog metal bands like Sieges Even, Ark, Ayreon, and THreshold. As well as Allem/Lande and Russell Allen's solo stuff.

They seem very receptive.

Old October 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jax
Forum Goddess

I don't mind at all, that's what I'm here for.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Question

Well, in that case Jax, would you like me to PM you the person's contact info(to get the ball rolling even faster) or would you rather wait until they come to you?

Last edited by Prismatic Sphere : October 26th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
proulxski
Welcome To Kanata Eh!

haha, this is sweet. Ive been thinking about it for the longest of time. Plenty of Dream Theater indeed, and for what its worth, Pull Me Under is a great drinking song!
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxski View Post
haha, this is sweet. Ive been thinking about it for the longest of time. Plenty of Dream Theater indeed, and for what its worth, Pull Me Under is a great drinking song!
I like to play Fatal Tragedy as it is just so rollicking.

If this happens though, don't forget to make a cheers to Prismatic Sphere when the first notes of your SX jukebox song start to play.

Old October 26th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
CantoX

Cool stuff man. Its awesome when people strive for good bands who deserve things.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Cool

She also just added The Damnation Game and Divine Wings!
YAY!

As for how long it takes, here is what she said:

I canít say how long until they would be available though, I wish I could.
The licensing team works based on a priority level, obviously Billboard and top hits first and so onÖ

Old October 29th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jax
Forum Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismatic Sphere View Post
Well, in that case Jax, would you like me to PM you the person's contact info(to get the ball rolling even faster) or would you rather wait until they come to you?
I'd send her right to Gunter Ford (the band's manager).. worldmanagement@comcast.net.
Old November 14th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

*Jukebox Update*:

I've been keeping up with the nice gal from Touchtunes(and now I have to tell her about the band's new label....grrr) and after strenuously asking for anyway that she could hasten the process, here is what she said:

Nothing yet, I’ll see about putting a slight rush on it without disrupting the team and their priority lists…
When I hear anything, I’ll let you know.

I totally hope for something to happen soon. (Hopefully this coming week!)

Last edited by Prismatic Sphere : November 14th, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
OfSinsAndShred

As someone who drinks way too much, I'm super excited for this.
Old January 26th, 2010, 05:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

*Jukebox Update*:

I know it has been so long since my last update but I guess that gal wasn't kidding about all of the priority lists. I guess they just have so many Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gagas to go through.

Anyway, here is the latest from the chick at Touchtunes:

We don’t have label rights for album: Odyssey but the licensing team are working it. The rest are still being verified.

I'm not sure why they're having a problem verifying The Odyssey but at least now we know that the albums ARE being verified.

Now we just have to hope that there aren't anymore remaining stages and the albums are added to the juke.

Old January 26th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
AeonicSlumber
srs

Symphony X signing to a new label has nothing to do with anything here, since Nuclear Blast has not released any album by the band. Inside Out, Metal Blade, etc etc owns the rights to the older CDs and thus, this company needs to acquire licensing rights to play the songs.

Also there's a bit more to this than just "exposure;" getting the songs at bars entitles the band to some money as well (although not alot mind you) via mechanical royalties. Doesn't surprise me that it's quite lengthy a process. However, I'd be stoked to hear 'em at my favorite bar.

And, *ahem* Gaga is awesome.

God FAQs

Last edited by AeonicSlumber : January 26th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Prismatic Sphere
We Carouse

Cool

I will give you this- as far as mainstream pop goes these days, I agree, Lady Gaga ain't bad. For one thing she(if it is a she) isn't from the world of colorless grunge.

I was displaying the hurl smiley mainly to show my disdain for how much of a stranglehold that popular music has on what is played and what's given priority(leaving a lot of great music unnoticed).

And yes, I'd already theorized that the band might make some money from this; so I am more than happy to help them out in that capacity as well.

There's no reason why Symphony X doesn't belong on a digital jukebox.

Old January 26th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
CinŠed

digital jukebox?

you mean, not 12"? drunken confusion here.

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
DoomsdayZach
The Professor was right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonicSlumber View Post
And, *ahem* Gaga is awesome.
I fucking love Lady Gaga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantoX
I don't think you're a jackass but I do think you drink a lot though.