Symphony X  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > SymphonyX
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #51 (permalink)
Hiasubi
Daughter of Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Clarence Beauregard View Post
I think we can all agree that Absence of Light and A Fool's Paradise need to be worked into future live performances; these songs are criminally underrated. Absence of Light is so groovy.
Agreed, while Absense and Paradise are not my fav from V if compared to Fallen, but imo they are the best to things on the album 2nd to V, because if anything there catchy and damn good (I know bunch will disagree about them being 2nd to Fallen of the album) :P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
RuRoRul

Revelation
Paradise Lost
The Accolade (I and II)
Divine Wings Of Tragedy
The Odyssey
The Edge Of Forever
Rediscovery (Part 2)
Smoke And Mirrors
Eve Of Seduction
Fallen
Communion And The Oracle

And the list goes on. Every time I want to end it I convince myself of another song that deserves to be on there. Also that's not necessarily in order, but it's roughly the order they came to mind.

DWOT and The Odyssey are probably the best songs, but I always think it's a bit of an unfair competition between 20 minute + epics with regular (if still quite long) songs. The Edge Of Forever or Revelation could be my favourite excluding those two.

It's hard to choose a favourite album - the epic title tracks plus The Accolades make DWOT and The Odyssey great, but the rest of the songs are outcompeted by V and Paradise Lost imo.

Anyway on the subject of V, Rediscovery and Egypt are epic and are all round brilliant, Communion and The Oracle is just beautiful and Fallen is a great heavy song with an awesome chorus. I'd have to agree about Evolution - the chorus kind of ruins it for me, so I don't see why it's often considered about the best song on V.

Last edited by RuRoRul : March 21st, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!