Symphony X  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > SymphonyX
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Mr. Shred-ididle
Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head

I want Grand Theft Auto 4!!! I'm acar buff even though I can't drive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Dado-x
Senior Citizen

You know, I've been playing X2: Wolverine's Revenge lately and it kicks some serious ass!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Polyeidus
I know you're out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRealm
Man I am dying for the release of Thief3..Thief2 rocked..Thief1 not as good as T2 but still really good..A game that has stealing stuff AND killing people by snipering them, is my kind of style. Not to mention almost perfect graphics, gameplay and free first person movement..
Theif 2? MAN! I loved the first. I didn't even know sequels existed! I'm sooo behing the curve.

I'm looking foreward to Deus Ex 2 if there ever will be one. oh, and Project IGI 2. That's gonna be a killer game!
[:::earth.cfg:::]
Reboot Universe?
(Y/N)
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
FLechdrop

I loved Thief 1 too, never played 2.
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
theodyssey
Best Album of the Year

I don't like thief personally... i like doom and shit like that... nothing to do but blow shit up... no strategy involved. THAT'S a fun game. And the first and third mario kick ass.
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
shredmaster

Metal Gear Solid :Substance!
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
theodyssey
Best Album of the Year

I got opeth's Damnation cd today... everyone should check this shit out... it's amazing. Even if you don't like opeth, there is nothing death metal or whatever about it... it's just awesome. Go check it out. NOW!

one more thing... does anyone disagree with me when i say hot pockets are the greatest creation ever??

Last edited by theodyssey : May 5th, 2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Metal Chick
In the Dragon's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shred-ididle
I want Grand Theft Auto 4!!! I'm acar buff even though I can't drive.
Grand Theft Auto is so addicting! It's bummer that I can only play it at my friends house. But that game is the only way to crash your car into a wall and watch it go up in flames. Ooh,and the screaming captives, when you hijack a car...being a virtual reality criminal is fun.

Old May 5th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
The Yngster

Dynasty Warriors 4 Theres just something about poorly acted ancient chinese warriors with huge weapons that keeps me hooked to this game. Maybe it has something to do with the mass destruction
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Yngster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado-x
You know, I've been playing X2: Wolverine's Revenge lately and it kicks some serious ass!
I just saw the movie and its SOOOO much better than the first one. Nightcrawler's effects are awesome, people actually die in this one, and Colassus's scene rules! I wish he was in it for longer! Anyway, I CANT WAIT UNTIL MATRIX 2!!! I'm thinking of going to the midnight showing, but if I dont go to that I'll go the next day. I can already tell its going to be my favorite movie ever.
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dream Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado-x
It looks cool.

Have you seen the new movie? Its killer!

A couple of my favorite parts is when wolverine slaughters the military guys in the school , and the way that Magneto gets out of his prison.
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Yngster

Colossus owned the military scene.
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
Polyeidus
I know you're out there

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yngster
...Anyway, I CANT WAIT UNTIL MATRIX 2!!! I'm thinking of going to the midnight showing, but if I dont go to that I'll go the next day. I can already tell its going to be my favorite movie ever.
Reboot Universe?
(Y/N)
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Manga-San

I just watched The Matrix last night to make sure I remembered everything, seeing as I haven't seen it in a few years...

Damn good movie...
Yeah, so the pictures aren't working for my signature right now. So, all's you need to know is that I am the official Symphony X fanboy, and their is no changing that. I recently met the band and got to hang out on their tour bus, and that was the second most exhilirating experience in my life next to losing my virginity. So, yeah. How ya doin'? I'm good. Thanks for asking...
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
SilentRealm

"Theif 2? MAN! I loved the first. I didn't even know sequels existed!"

OMG u don't even know about thief2????? it was brilliant!!! even better than the first..i played it like 4 times from beginning to end..and lookingglass co. was bought out by ion storm when thief3 was still on the drawing board..and not only did they promise that it will live up to the standards of the previous two..but it apparently will exceed them..they are using the 'unreal engine' for graphics this time to make it even more life like..ok u can say i'm extremely excited, i'm such a computer geek..

Oh and yeah!! i can't wait for matrix reloaded..LOL! i remember i couldn't even get down to The Rocks here in Sydney one time because of the filming of that, they had all the streets closed off..I was like..If I don't even get to see Keanu..I'm gonna be so mad..and i didn't..lol..
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Dado-x
Senior Citizen

Yngy, I was actually talking about the computer game, but yeah, I saw the movie alright!
Yes, I think it was pretty well done and writers didn't butcher the original story that much.
That Phoenix scene at the end of the movie is breathtaking, can't wait for the part 3.
What I didn't like is that movie featured some obvious misinformation.
First of all, Colossus is Russian, therefore I don't see how should he speak with a thick american accent and second, that part where Stryker said to Wolverine "I just gave you the claws, but you were always an animal" is complete bullshit, since every true Marvel fan knows that James Howlett A.K.A Logan was already born with claws.
A regular viewer wouldn't mind such small details, but to us hardcore geeks, it's a blasphemy!!!
Anyway, kudos to casting, production and special effects. I think they did a very good job there.
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #42 (permalink)
'Shuggah
So sweet?

Talking

Uhh...

Just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. The whole series of 26 episodes plus a few sequels swallowed in two days. Now I'm in for some serious digesting... Maybe it's just me, but the whole thing got a little disturbing towards the end. The japanese seem to be masters at aiming volleys of grotesque images at the poor unsuspecting viewer.

I've played Thief 2 a little too, but I didn't really have the guts to go on, because the sentinel heads were just too creepy (Yes, I'm sissy. ). Also, I found it disturbing that if I stood in a shadowy spot in an otherwise brightly-lit hallway, the guards just didn't see me. I know that it's nitpicking, but in real life one would instantly make out the thiefs figure against the brightness. Something like that hurts immersion very seriously.

Unreal 2 was the latest great hit for me. (Especially because of the flamethrowing shotgun. There's just nothing like roast mercs for breakfast. ) The engine was great and I think it's the best-looking fps I've seen to date.

Humm...

Scratch that, Unreal 2 is the second latest great hit. Halo is the latest. Seems like I'm a sucker for fps's with an arcade touch. (Then again, it's always worth it hearing the critters shout: "Grenade! ARR! Getitoffmegetitoff..." before exploding to pieces. ) It was also surprising how well the pad controller was suited for playing. Looks like mouse'n'keyboard isn't the only way to play after all.

But now for a little sleep before beginning studies for the final exam for the spring.
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Polyeidus
I know you're out there

[quote='SilentRealm']..ok u can say i'm extremely excited, i'm such a computer geek..
QUOTE]

Me too! We should hook up on ICQ. Sounds like we have alot in common. Plus, I don't know anyone else that does the things I do.
Reboot Universe?
(Y/N)
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Yngster

Yeah Dado, I'm not a hardcore geek, so I didn't notice things like that. And Logan was born with bone claws, but didn't Stryker make them metal?
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Polyeidus
I know you're out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yngster
Yeah Dado, I'm not a hardcore geek, so I didn't notice things like that. And Logan was born with bone claws, but didn't Stryker make them metal?
Actually, Wolvie was only born with his healing ability. A secret Gov. sect used him as a guinea pig by placing the metal known as Admantium on his entire skeletal structure. The only reason they did that was because he could heal because of his mutant ability.
Reboot Universe?
(Y/N)
Old May 5th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
SilentRealm

continuing Shuggah's thing about japanese movies..ok..has anyone seen the japanese original version of the movie "Ring" (or Ringu)..and "Ring2" or even "Ring0" if their country has it out yet (I found it online, not sure when it's coming out here)..
Those movies were cool..I have both Ring and Ring2..
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
Mr. Shred-ididle

U guys are the biggest geeks out there. But who the fuck cares!!! Your my type of people.

A cool thing that happened today is that my best friend at school, Lindsay said he likes SyX!!! I showed some SyX to him when he came over last week and, like most people, didn't think it was all that great. But he told me he downlaoded Sea Of Lies and is really getting into. I was phsyched!! He's coming over again this weekend so I'm going to burn him The Od', V, DWOT and TiO! And then mabey even some DT (5 years in live-time as it shows most of there "best of" catelog) aswell as mabey SfaM. And then next times I'm gonna show him all the other prog bands. He's agreed to be my "apprentice" of prog! How Cool!
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:38 AM   #48 (permalink)
Mr. Shred-ididle

Btw - I got a haircut today!
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:02 AM   #49 (permalink)
'Shuggah
So sweet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shred-ididle
Btw - I got a haircut today!
Haircuts are from Satan, you shouldn't do haircuts, mmkay?

It's now about 9 months since I got my last haircut. My hair's getting a little hard to manage, but I know it's going to be easier when it gets longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRealm
continuing Shuggah's thing about japanese movies..ok..has anyone seen the japanese original version of the movie "Ring" (or Ringu)..and "Ring2" or even "Ring0" if their country has it out yet (I found it online, not sure when it's coming out here)..
I've heard about it. Haven't even seen The Ring yet, though. The last horror movie I saw was The Others. It was refreshingly different. I also got Battle Royale a while ago, but the subtitles were screwed up, so I really couldn't get a hold of what was going on.

Actually NGE is anime, and I'm more inclined towards that genre anyway. But there's nothing wrong with japanese movies. I really liked Kurosawas Yojimbo and [insert the directors name here]'s Samurai Fiction.
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:36 AM   #50 (permalink)
Mr. Shred-ididle

Quote:
Haircuts are from Satan, you shouldn't do haircuts, mmkay?
Don't take drug, drugs are bad mmmmmkay. lol.
I actually thought it was nnggkay,