Testament  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Testament
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #651 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah,I told her to tell them I hate them! lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #652 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I don't if everybody saw this but it;s a cool interview with Eric about the old days.

http://www.guitarworld.com/interview...llica-and-more
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #653 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I went on cdjapan but I did'nt see anything special,just the regular cd.Am I looking at the right thing?
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #654 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfly View Post
I went on cdjapan but I did'nt see anything special,just the regular cd.Am I looking at the right thing?
They're not showing any external bonuses (stickers, glass, button, etc).

I also can't find a tracklisting anywhere; not even on the record label's website, but I can't imagine it not having the cover songs on there.
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #655 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Hmm.....HMMMMMM.What to do? I think I might order from NB Europe if they still have it.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #656 (permalink)
one man

here's a little interview with Eric, in case anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.thisisnotascene.com/2012/...isisnotascene/. Too bad Greg and Alex didn't write any songs for this album (I hope their contributions to Eric's songs are big, though) and I'm a little worried about the lack of mid tempo stuff (Killing Season and Dangers of the Faithless are among my favourite tracks on TFOD), but I have faith in Eric and am still more and more impatient about Dark Roots.

He mentions Mark Hernandez as the possible new drummer. I remember that the reason for him leaving Forbidden was the need to focus on family or health issues (can't remember exactly). Hopefully these have already been overcome or maybe the job in Testament is not as absorbing or more attractive than that in Forbidden. Anyway, Mark's a very good drummer and has already played with some legendary bands, like Defiance, Heathen and Vio-lence.

I'd still rather see Bobby Jarzombek, Matt Vander Ende or "Marquis" Marky Edelmann in Testament (if the return of Johnny Tempesta or Jon Allen is nor possible for whatever reason).
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #657 (permalink)
Angelic Slayer

Well, Greg never wrote that much for Testament anyway, even in the old days... Eric said that Alex has co-written 5 of the songs with him though, and seeing as there's only 9 original songs on the album, that means that Alex was involved in the writing of over half of the songs on the album. Which means he's actually contributed more to the new album than he did on TFOD, even though on that album he did write one of the songs totally himself (F.E.A.R.).

I'm also a bit worried about the apparent lack of mid-paced stuff on the new album. "Killing Season" and "The Evil Has Landed" were awesome songs on the last album. As for Mark Hernandez possibly being the new drummer, well, he did an awesome job on the latest Forbidden album, so he should be up to task. Although Gene is a very hard act to follow. And whilst, I am not surprised at Gene not being the permanent Testament drummer, I am a bit disappointed. I'd have loved it if he'd stayed full time as the Testament drummer.

I am also very impatient to hear the new album! lol *cries*
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #658 (permalink)
one man

I hope Alex's input in the co-written songs is significant. Please remember that he not only composed FEAR all by himself, but also pretty much wrote the whole Dangers of the Faithless. I'd hoped his involvement in the writing process would rather increase than be smaller. We'll find out soon, I guess. As for Greg, yeah, he never wrote all that much, but did contribute here and there. On the last record he was the major composer of Leave Me Forever. It's always good to hear his input.

I totally hear you about Gene. I was also certain he wouldn't stay, but at the same time kinda wished the opposite. Well, we can't get used to anyone behind the kit in Testament. The same will probably apply to Mark or anyone who's next. It may be painful, but also enriching.
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #659 (permalink)
Neptune

NEW here,but redfly knows who i am!!!Anyway i couldn't help noticing all the inqiures about where to order the new album.May i suggest :www. cdinzane.com.Just check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #660 (permalink)
Neptune

http://www.cdinzane.com/product.php?productid=11621
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #661 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I for one could not be happier about the absence of chuggy mid tempo songs.Bring it on!!!!
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #662 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Hey Neptune!! what's up?!! It's about time you got here lol
Thanks for the link.It looks like the same order as the NB site but cheaper and without the belt buckle?
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #663 (permalink)
Neptune

I know i know,it was just high time.Have you made a pledge towards the the mighty FLOTS?!!!What packgage did you decide on?.
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #664 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

No! I didn't know it was up!
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #665 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I wish Greg would write more.But since he isn't I hope that the bass is more up front like the old records.He always plays something cool and I want to be able to hear it.
Old June 16th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #666 (permalink)
mj777

Quote:
I wish Greg would write more.But since he isn't I hope that the bass is more up front like the old records.He always plays something cool and I want to be able to hear it.
I like the bass line in Disciples of the watch and the bass tone on the whole Practice record (but not the flat bass drum)
Redfly have you heard the new Flotsam track/snippet?
Old June 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #667 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah the bass sounds great,the drums do not.a lot of bands bury the bass now so that you can really only pick it out in parts.I wish they wouldn't do that!

Yes I have heard the clip! I can't wait for the album.I've made 3 pledges so far.Well not pledges exactly,I just payed.
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #668 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevermoreTHC View Post
They're not showing any external bonuses (stickers, glass, button, etc).

I also can't find a tracklisting anywhere; not even on the record label's website, but I can't imagine it not having the cover songs on there.
Have you ordered one of the versions yet?
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #669 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
Have you ordered one of the versions yet?
I ordered the Japanese pressing. I'm certain it's going to have all the cover songs as bonus tracks (although I haven't seen a track listing yet), it won't be a digipak and it's going to sound better than any other version out there.

The past couple of months, German metal magazine Rock Hard featured OverKill when they put out a new album and came with a live EP and they also did an issue for Kreator's new CD, also with a live CD. The Kreator live CD was the second disc for the one that was put out through the magazine back in December. I'm wondering if they're going to do anything for Testament in July or August's issue. I'll keep you updated.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #670 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

The US Nuclear Blast site has some packages with t-shirts.

http://store.nuclearblastusa.com/Search/Testament
Old June 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #671 (permalink)
anomynous

T shirt is badass, but they only have it in small as of now.

Glitch obviously.
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #672 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevermoreTHC View Post
I ordered the Japanese pressing. I'm certain it's going to have all the cover songs as bonus tracks (although I haven't seen a track listing yet), it won't be a digipak and it's going to sound better than any other version out there.

The past couple of months, German metal magazine Rock Hard featured OverKill when they put out a new album and came with a live EP and they also did an issue for Kreator's new CD, also with a live CD. The Kreator live CD was the second disc for the one that was put out through the magazine back in December. I'm wondering if they're going to do anything for Testament in July or August's issue. I'll keep you updated.
Did you go with cdjapan?I'm inclined to order the Japanese one.I just wish it had some details and a picture.
I'm gonna check out the NB link you just posted
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #673 (permalink)
one man

http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_deta...source=message looks like the work on the video for Native Blood has commenced. Hopefully we'll see it before the album is released.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #674 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Well,after going back and forth from site to site I ordered the one fron cdjapan.I sure hope it has all the bonus stuff!
I almost got the delux package from NB.de because the picture they put up looks really cool.But after calculating everything out it was just way to much.Just not worth it, to me anyway.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #675 (permalink)
Angelic Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Priest Of Evil View Post
http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_deta...source=message looks like the work on the video for Native Blood has commenced. Hopefully we'll see it before the album is released.
If they've just started work on the video now, I'll be surprised if we see it before the album comes out. Usually it's a month or more after a video has been completed when it's finally released... *sighs*

I'm still debating where I should pre-order the album from...