Testament  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Testament
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #101 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Since Testament is doing a setlist of material from later albums (Low, Demonic, Gathering, FOD), I'd expect the next album to sound more like a natural follow up to The Gathering. I've been a fan since The Legacy but I actually prefer the newer, even heavier material with the mix of clean vocals and growl. Since the reunion, every time I see them play "3 Days of Darkness" Alex really seems to get a rush out of playing that song, so the more aggressive material may really soothe the non jazz side of him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #102 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I agree completely,I have been a fan since way back too but I love the newer heavier stuff.I hope this album is more like the Gathering but that's what they said Formation was going to be and to me it falls a little short of that.Still good though!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #103 (permalink)
MetalRobert94
The Mexican-American

I look forward to the next Testament record and I'm glad it won't take another 9 years.
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #104 (permalink)
pennywiseignite

I want it to sound like this
top 5 testament songs
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #105 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Oh hell yeah!...By the way for those interested the first new Flotsam and Jetsam song in 5 years is up on their Myspace site!It's called "Take" It should be up on the official site but I can't find it.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #106 (permalink)
MetalRobert94
The Mexican-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywiseignite View Post
I want it to sound like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhVUS...eature=related
top 5 testament songs
Now that would be awesome.
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #107 (permalink)
Caveman Ninja
Thrashist not Fascist

Just hurry the fuck up and get in the studio already!
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #108 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah no kidding!!
Old August 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #109 (permalink)
ms. anthrope
back off, mofo...

Hi redfly!

"If sex played guitar, It would sound like Jeff Loomis."
- Anonymous Fan

Ms. A on Facebook
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #110 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Hey ms.a! how is Cali treating you? hope you are having a great summer and relaxing as much as you can!!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM   #111 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Flotsam and Jetsam site finally has some merch for those interested.

http://www.flotsam-and-jetsam.com/
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM   #112 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Out of curiosity does anyone know how many shows Testament has played since "Formation" came out?
Old September 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

New Flotsam And Jetsam "The Cold" is out today.If you are a fan buy it,this might be the last one I would give a review but I had to order it online and won't get it until the 20th!
Their record company's get worse and worse what a fuckin joke.I wish they would sign with Nuclear Blast.
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #114 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfly View Post
New Flotsam And Jetsam "The Cold" is out today.If you are a fan buy it,this might be the last one I would give a review but I had to order it online and won't get it until the 20th!
Their record company's get worse and worse what a fuckin joke.I wish they would sign with Nuclear Blast.
Unfortunately this is only the third place I've heard of the new F&J disc coming out. The others were an independent record store on their "new release" list and on blabbermouth.net.

F&J seem to have worse luck with labels than Anthrax. I don't know if Century Media and/or Nuclear Blast aren't interested in them or if they think that "indie label X" is a better choice for them. At least CM and NB would advertise the album a bit, possibly put together a package of a shirt with the disc to entice more people to buy it. Death Angel seems to have luck with NB so maybe F&J should look into it.
Old September 15th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #115 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Holy shit your'e not kidding!
Of all the people I talk to on the Flotsam website only 2-3 have managed to get the album.Even their webmaster can't get it.Amazon told her there won't be any available until Oct 4th.Some people in Sweden and Germany say you just plain can't get it in Europe! The best market! hell when flotsam does more than two shows live it's over in Europe.

They went with this label because it was some combination of the guy that owned their last label and Brian Welch of Korn.They announced that they were supposed to have major distribution for this one.What a joke this Driven music group is the worst most unprofessional label I've ever seen.I've been saying on the Flotsam forum we should A. send a mass email telling the label they suck and B. Ask Nuclear Blast too by Flotsam the hell out of there lol.

Flotsam definitely has it worse than Anthrax at least Thrax gets their albums talked about on the radio and Magazines.
This label did nothing at all for promotion.Nothing.their site hadn't even been updated in a year.
It's really too bad after all Flotsam is one of our original Thrash bands.True some of their stuff isn't the most brutal but I would
put their overall catalog up against just about anyone.
I would love a tour with Death Angel and Overkill,Overkill is a touring machine! and Ironbound is great,I think they all did some shows in Japan together a couple years back.

I have to wait until the 20th to get my CD but From what I hear it's really good..all killer no filler.

Last edited by redfly : September 15th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old September 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #116 (permalink)
kleo706

You can't find a USA edition of my friend's album here. Every store has the European. Nice part of that? Due to contractual gobbedly-gook my buddy and his band see $0.00 for each European sale. Sure that's sleazy and wretched business but who can afford to sue?

Kleo - ruining one feature at a time.
Old September 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #117 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

update!

Testament vocalist Chuck Billy comments: “The American Carnage tour was great for us, but now is the time for us to hold off on performing and go full steam ahead on getting the record finished. We currently have studio time booked at the end of this year, and we’re shooting for a mid-2011 release. The new album will most likely be a culmination of The Gathering and The Formation Of Damnation, but we’re definitely not going to forget who we are or our roots. I think we’ve found a comfortable spot in our writing style.” Testament Guitarist Eric Peterson adds: “I think the tour went really well for us. It’s the first time we had a stage set to our live performance, which was a lot of fun, and it brought the band to a whole new level in regards to performing. Playing with Megadeth and Slayer again was a lot of fun. We’re going to be home during the fall and winter working on new material. As we speak, I’m working on new music, and we’re shooting to record by the end of the year. That’s our plan, but we’re not going to just put out a record to put out a record. We have standards, and we’re picky as to what exactly we want to put out.” Also Tune in to Australia’s Triple J’s The Racket to hear Chuck and Eric host the show. The show will air on September 28th at 10pm ET Australian time/8am ET US time.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/146471

Last edited by Alteredmindeath : September 16th, 2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #118 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah! I saw that on the Blabbermouth feed!! kick ass!!

Oh yeah Flotsam just put the title track on their Myspace!! 7:18

http://www.myspace.com/fandj

Last edited by redfly : September 16th, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #119 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
Holy shit your'e not kidding!
Of all the people I talk to on the Flotsam website only 2-3 have managed to get the album.Even their webmaster can't get it.Amazon told her there won't be any available until Oct 4th.Some people in Sweden and Germany say you just plain can't get it in Europe! The best market! hell when flotsam does more than two shows live it's over in Europe.

They went with this label because it was some combination of the guy that owned their last label and Brian Welch of Korn.They announced that they were supposed to have major distribution for this one.What a joke this Driven music group is the worst most unprofessional label I've ever seen.I've been saying on the Flotsam forum we should A. send a mass email telling the label they suck and B. Ask Nuclear Blast too by Flotsam the hell out of there lol.

Flotsam definitely has it worse than Anthrax at least Thrax gets their albums talked about on the radio and Magazines.
This label did nothing at all for promotion.Nothing.their site hadn't even been updated in a year.
It's really too bad after all Flotsam is one of our original Thrash bands.True some of their stuff isn't the most brutal but I would
put their overall catalog up against just about anyone.
I would love a tour with Death Angel and Overkill,Overkill is a touring machine! and Ironbound is great,I think they all did some shows in Japan together a couple years back.

I have to wait until the 20th to get my CD but From what I hear it's really good..all killer no filler.
Today I took the hour drive to the one independent record/cd store that I knew would have it (and they did). I listened to samples off of Amazon.com first to make sure I wasn't throwing money out the window. I liked the last one (Dreams Of Death) a bit, my favorite being Bathing In Red, but it didn't leave a huge impression on me either. I know Century Media's webstore has it available in the US but I'm not sure about Europe.

A Flotsam/OverKill/Death Angel tour would be brilliant. I saw Flotsam back when Cuatro was out. I've seen OverKill a ton of times and saw Death Angel for the last album. I'll probably see OverKill in November and I'm also seeing Nevermore on October 19 in NYC.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #120 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

This album is really good,I liked "Dreams" but this a much more solid darker album with a lot more layers too it.They keep pushing what a Trash band can be without selling out.And the production is finally good.
Overkill is awesome live.I've never seen Flotsam live except on Youtube and the DVD's I have.But they sound great too.
I think when Testaments next album comes out early next year that them, Overkill,Death Angel,Flotsam and Exodus should all do something a real old school thrash fest (like the big4 but better)
Anyway Flotsam's album is really good, at first some of the vocal melodies make ask "huh?".. at first.But before I know it those are the parts stuck in my head "in a good way" and AK has gotten me again.Mark did a great job with the guitars and some of it has a Steve Vai feel to me.Of course the bass is outstanding and the drums are pounding.A good mix of styles as well.
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #121 (permalink)
mj777

Quote:
This album is really good,I liked "Dreams" but this a much more solid darker album with a lot more layers too it.They keep pushing what a Trash band can be without selling out.And the production is finally good.
Overkill is awesome live.I've never seen Flotsam live except on Youtube and the DVD's I have.But they sound great too.
I think when Testaments next album comes out early next year that them, Overkill,Death Angel,Flotsam and Exodus should all do something a real old school thrash fest (like the big4 but better)
Anyway Flotsam's album is really good, at first some of the vocal melodies make ask "huh?".. at first.But before I know it those are the parts stuck in my head "in a good way" and AK has gotten me again.Mark did a great job with the guitars and some of it has a Steve Vai feel to me.Of course the bass is outstanding and the drums are pounding.A good mix of styles as well.
I agree! I was suprised who good AK sings after all this years... Compare Hetfield, Mustaine, Araya in their prime time and now...AK still has it!
As redfly told: drums are pounding and great guitar and bass job! It's not like No Place... or Doomsday... but it sounds heavy, sometimes fast, dark and well written! The guys deserve more respect and a good label! I can't understand why a medicore Maiden record (final frontier) get so much positive reviews and nobody cares for the "future forgotten jewels"....
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
After listening through it twice I have to say that it has the possibilities of being the best metal album of the year. It's a solid thrash album that has the heaviness you would want from the early Flots albums as well as some hints of Dreams Of Death as well.

My only complaint about the album is the lyrics for "Always" and "K.Y.A." I've never been one for cursing in songs, especially cursing just for cursing's sake. I feel it lends to the stereotypes that people have always had of heavy metal. I think AK is capable of much better lyrics, especially on K.Y.A. To me, it just came off as childish and immature and makes it hard for me to listen to those songs, especially since the music on them is outstanding. There comes a point where the rest of the band should've stepped in and made him rewrite the lyrics to those songs to what he's capable of doing and not just throwing a tantrum.
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM   #123 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah I would say this hands down one of the best albums I have..period..by anyone.And I agree for the most part about lyrics however I like at least one rude song on an album where I don't have to feel and can just thrash a bit.K.Y.A sounds like Eric needed to get out some frustration to me.Frankly with the way the band has been treated I'm surprised the whole album isn't like that lol
Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:40 PM   #124 (permalink)
NevermoreTHC

Quote:
Yeah I would say this hands down one of the best albums I have..period..by anyone.And I agree for the most part about lyrics however I like at least one rude song on an album where I don't have to feel and can just thrash a bit.K.Y.A sounds like Eric needed to get out some frustration to me.Frankly with the way the band has been treated I'm surprised the whole album isn't like that lol
I don't mind a rude song but I thought they could've been a bit more clever about it.

First week sales of the Flots CD for the US were revealed: they sold 600 copies of the disc. SIX HUNDRED? Holy crap. At this rate, if they're lucky, they might move 2000. The label HAS to do better promotion than that. If I made a CD and just played clubs in my local area I could probably sell 600. I hope to hell that they're bringing copies of the disc to sell at their live shows. I know the big box stores in the US don't carry shit, so they're screwed in that regard, but there needs to be more promotion to buy it from the indie labels, indie CD stores and off of their website.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:19 PM   #125 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

They are getting no promotion at all.A lot of people on the boards can't get some of them whole country's in Europe!
what do expect from a label half owned by Head of Korn....this is bullshit this record could sell a hell of a lot more.