Testament  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Testament
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Next Testament CD

Hey Thrashers,I was wondering what you all hope for in the next Testament album.

I know I will like it no matter what but I would like some faster songs and faster solos from Alex also longer solos from both Alex and Eric (especially Eric) and maybe Chucks voice to be a little deeper not necessarily deth metal but like say DNR.Oh and pump up the bass volume!! is that enough? hahaha.
It will rule no matter what and I can't wait for it.

What ever happened to the "Henchman" video?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pascal79

Longer Solos, more harmonies, very fast with double bass drums, a mix of classic vocals from Chuck Billy with growls here and there. A nice classical guitar intro to kickoff the album like Beginning of the End or the beginning of Eerie Inhabitants. Most importantly, a clean sound equal to that of Formation of Damnation and even heavier. Very important to hear a drummer's snare! Myself being a drummer, when I listen to some bands it is a complete turn off when you cannot hear the drummers snare and double bass drums. One example of poor drum production is Believer's album Gabriel which has the worst sounding drums. I really liked Paul's drum sound on Formation. I think 10 songs is more than enough. The most memorable and best albums usually have 9 or 10 songs not 12 or 13. Just look at the Legacy (9 killer tracks). Same for the New Order (10 killer tracks). Even Metallica's "and Justice for All" (9 amazing songs).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Very well said,and I would love an instrumental with some clean and acoustic guitar.And couldn't agree more about the instruments, I play guitar but I love listening to what each member is doing and I love the bass right up front. And a drummer who gives you something to listen to and not just the beat is the best!I love "Formation" but it seemed more of a collection of songs and to me most of Testaments albums are not like that.They have a cohesive flow and develop an overall mood.
I just hope it comes out sooner now that they aren't doing the "Carnage"tour.
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
kayleigh copeland
The cycle of the wash..:p

Location: Im transending outta space....to find another race! :)
id like a low-esque album really brutal sounds but a few epic ballads tbh!
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Yeah Low was a great album,very well rounded
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

I hope it's like the first 2 records.
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Caveman Ninja
Thrashist not Fascist

Yeah, I'd prefer a return to the earlier thrash sound... more harmonies, faster songs, more singing and less deathy vocals. I prefer Testament when they aren't trying to be as heavy as possible but a bit more melodic.

And keep Andy Sneap for production duties... Sneap is king!
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
blind_cynic

what I really want to hear on the new Testament album is Paul Bostaph finally playing one more time his drumming patterns from "Twisted Into Form". the drumming on that album is so amazing and totally the opposite of what would you expect on a thrash metal album. totally mind-blowing.imo.
well,because we're at it,I'm starting to hate Sneap. too much polish for a thrash/death album. it kills the power. anyway,still it wasn't as bad as Megadeth's Endgame production,I don't even want to start about that one... also,I am really glad Nevermore got Wichers for their new album,though I would have preferred good old Neil Kernon doing it.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

If anyone has bad production it's Metallica. They need to take some advice from from Sneap, Endgame production was solid. Takes away the power lol? This is thrash not black metal.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I agree Sneap is good at capturing the sound of people who really know how to play their instruments.Thrash is supposed to have smooth razor like guitars.Not that there aren't bands with great musicians that don't go for that sound.But for that real Thrash sound it should be polished.

Last edited by redfly : January 23rd, 2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
eriked

Less double bass drumming and less intense drumming in general. Anyways I don't think that will happen. So all I hope for is that it'll come out late this year. Oh, and I also hope for longer solos.

Last edited by eriked : January 24th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Hahaha boy are we on different pages! I want more double bass and I hope it comes out at least mid year.To each their own!..except hell yeah I want longer solos.
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
one man

More melodic, longer solos, more technical stuff with odd time signatures and time changes. A ballad, an instrumental. Some very fast stuff, some slower songs. No more growling.

Apparently (judging by the interviews) Eric's aiming for The Gathering part II, but Testament's always coming up with something new, so I hope that it won't be just redoing what they had already done. I think it will be much heavier than TFOD, because Eric seems to have the need to prove they're not compromising + he hasn't done a Dragonlord album in quite some time and the dark side of his talents needs to be released somewhere. I'm sure it won't be heavy for the sake of being heavy, but heavy with brains. If so - I'll love it. Like I always have.
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

If it's The Gathering part 2 but with more solos then I'll be the happiest person ever!
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
levi

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfly View Post
If it's The Gathering part 2 but with more solos then I'll be the happiest person ever!
same here bro but to be honest I just cant wait to get a new CD its going to rock.
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
overthrown

Id like them to do whatever they feel like and not to feel forced to do anything. Still I'd be happy to hear lots of double bass and total thrash section. Really just fast thrash with a balanced Chuck
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I think a balanced Chuck is the best way of putting it
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
kayleigh copeland

yeah i agree but i think they should experiment more maybe with alex,eric or greg do small vocla parts as opposed to going ooooh etc etc in the background on a couple but if chuck sounds like low,true believer or souls of black then its all groovy then and sound then lol
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

I wonder what Gregs voice is like?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Pascal79

I love the screaming witch background vocals from Eric Peterson.

That is fuckin killer combined with Chuck's voice.
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal79 View Post
I love the screaming witch background vocals from Eric Peterson.

That is fuckin killer combined with Chuck's voice.
Oh man that's really weird because I was going to say I don't really dig Eric's background vocals because they seem so weak and screechy next to Chuck it just doesn't fit for me. I love how Testament fans run all over the place with their taste.
I guess it just shows how much of a diverse sound their music has.
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
WarheartOfBodom

I'd love to hear another song like Return to Serenity or The Legacy.

Old February 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
redfly
ruled by the riff

So would I.That is a cool pic of Megadeth
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
kayleigh copeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfly View Post
Oh man that's really weird because I was going to say I don't really dig Eric's background vocals because they seem so weak and screechy next to Chuck it just doesn't fit for me. I love how Testament fans run all over the place with their taste.
I guess it just shows how much of a diverse sound their music has.

i like that very liberal my friend
Old February 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
blind_cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteredmindeath View Post
If anyone has bad production it's Metallica. They need to take some advice from from Sneap, Endgame production was solid. Takes away the power lol? This is thrash not black metal.
what does black metal have to do with anything? it's supposed to be thrash metal not power metal... thrash sound should be raw and heavy,Endgame's sound is cheesy. but this is just my opinion once again...
also,I want even more growling from Chuck,he has the best growls in metal. like someone else have already said,The Gathering part 2 with more solos would rule.