Theocracy  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Theocracy
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
LightoftheAlmight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanyou View Post
It's worth noting that the Crusades weren't a one-sided conflict, either. Both sides committed evils. That's not what you usually hear.
Also, the First Crusdae was requested by the Eastern Orthodox; The Latin Church tried to ride to the rescue when the Moslems were invading. It just *ahem* went a little downhill from there...

Of all the Heavenly Host,
Uriel is one of the most important angels,
along with Michael, Gabriel and Raphael.

All the information about the Archangel Uriel
is not supported in any way by Scripture.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
JayArby
O Frabjous Day

From Kevin DeYOung's article:

Quote:
Have there been religious wars in the last two thousand years? Yes. Have there also been wars over money, land, ego, women, slavery, democracy, freedom, communism, fascism, Nazism, terrorism and just about everything else you can imagine? Yes.

More to the point, Christians need to stop perpetuating the myth that we’ve basically been huge failures in the world. That may win us an audience with non-Christians, but it’s not true. We are sinners like everyone else, so our record is mixed. We’ve been stupid and selfish over the years. But we’ve also been the salt of the earth.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 14th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Daggor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan M. View Post
I love Kevin DeYoung's stuff! I go to a SGM church so I am familiar with him.
I can't confess to have ever heard Kevin DeYoung preach, despite literally being able to look out my window and see the church he preaches at, but that spawns a lot for my absolute disgust with the TULIP theology that was present when I used to attend the campus ministry that was sponsored by the University Reformed Church. However, I do have to respect his response to this vid, as for myself, I exist somewhere between the original video, and the pro-religious response. I still believe that our salvation is more founded in our personal relationship with God, and that the church is basically broken, apathetic, and just as often a stumbling point than an encouraging force for salvation, but I'm not willing to give up on it or disassociate with it either.