Theocracy  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Theocracy
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forearms

Storm's A-Comin' - Matt Smith - Chord chart and lyrics?

Matt

I love the arrangement. My wife who stylically doesn't like Theocracy (shame on her) really enjoyed this song. Would you be able to provide a chord chart for this arrangement? I play in a contemporary worship band and would love to present this to the group to consider playing. This was brilliantly done and I'd love to be able to share it with others through the group I play with.

Our worshp team (that I also play lead guitar on) covered Bethlehem for Christmas last year.

God Bless
Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 19th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rawshik

I tried to convince my Worship team (I play bass) to play Bethlehem for Christmas last year. Sadly, it was rejected.

As for Storm's a Comin', it's not really a worship-y song is it? Isn't it just like...about a storm?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Aletheus

Just as much On Eagles' Wings is about genetically enhanced avians. (I couldn't resist)

It's a shame your suggestion got rejected Rawshik, ask them again, it'd be great if that song got popular, it's got such a good Christmasy vibe.

Sorry for the off topic

edit: wow Mike, you guys Nailed that cover

Last edited by Aletheus : November 20th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old November 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forearms

Storms a coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawshik View Post
I tried to convince my Worship team (I play bass) to play Bethlehem for Christmas last year. Sadly, it was rejected.

As for Storm's a Comin', it's not really a worship-y song is it? Isn't it just like...about a storm?
I took the song as how our life will be filled with storms (challenges in life) and the Lord always is around and sees us through. That is the message of the song. Not an actual weather storm !!

Now as far as it being a worship song, there are times in the contemporary service where the song played during the offering is a performance worship tune, this song fits this role.
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rawshik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletheus View Post
It's a shame your suggestion got rejected Rawshik, ask them again, it'd be great if that song got popular, it's got such a good Christmasy vibe.
I know, and our team would totally do it justice. We already have our list for this year though and we're doing pretty much awful stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forearms View Post
I took the song as how our life will be filled with storms (challenges in life) and the Lord always is around and sees us through. That is the message of the song. Not an actual weather storm !!
That's what I figured. I'd like to know what Matt was thinking when he wrote it.
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Trinitial

WHERE CAN I GET STORM'S A'COMING?????????

I have to have it. It's great!