Laser's Edge  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Labels and Vendors > Laser's Edge > The Things We Are Not Supposed To Talk About
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
lasercd
Man Behind The Curtain

Congrats to Magic Mountain on your new arrival

Karl Goring aka Magic Mountain is the proud father of a new Boulder 865 amplifier.

Welcome to the Boulder family!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Magic Mountain

Thanks Ken for the recommendation! The amp sounds awesome with my Thiels (loads better than the NAD M3). Look over your sholder though, my wife may have taken a hit out on you . Next I am going to have to upgrade my cd player.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
lasercd
Man Behind The Curtain

There can be only one answer for that: Bricasti M1. www.bricasti.com

You can demo it in my room.
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Magic Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasercd View Post
There can be only one answer for that: Bricasti M1. www.bricasti.com

You can demo it in my room.
Unless I'm missing something the M1 isn't a CD player. I was looking at the Ayon. What is your opinion?
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
lasercd
Man Behind The Curtain

I only heard the Ayon gear at CES 2 years ago. It sounded quite nice but until I have it in my room I can't really give any qualified opinion. The gear is designed in Austria. There seems to be some question as to where it is actually manufactured - Austria or China.

It happens that I have a gorgeous Accustic Arts transport that I've been too lazy to list on Audiogon. I can give you a "deal" on it. Matching it with the Bricasti M1 would be an amazing combination that I'm confident the Ayon can't touch. Check out the review of the Bricasti M1 at Stereophile. It was on the cover of the February issue. John Marks and John Atkinson think its the state of the art (at the moment of course). New version just came out that is USB equipped.
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Magic Mountain

I guess by transport you mean it just sends the digital signal and then the M1 would be the digital to analog converter? I looked at the rear of the M1. How would the transport connect? By the way PM me with what the Acoustic Arts transport and M1 would cost. Thanks.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
lasercd
Man Behind The Curtain

You connect a transport and DAC via a digital cable. You need to hear the Bricasti before you buy it.