This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

16 Wasted Years

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

HA! OK, so the thread title is a little misleading, although I think we probably wasted a couple of years in the 16 year history of Dungeon! :p

Guys, what can I say? What a way to end something I've been doing since I was a teenager. Just really, really blown away!

I didn't want to draw things out live on the night, so after we said our last goodbyes on stage, I felt it would be sorta wanky and tasteless to keep going back out to say more stuff, especially since there was a meet and greet and signing and all of that later anyway.

But I will say a few things here about it.

The set was very carefully chosen for the night. I wanted it to be familiar (ie: starting with the usual suspects, The Art Of War, Resurrection, Insanity's Fall, Tarranno Del Mar) and then surprise some people! :D

The solo trade-offs were fun! At the LORD rehearsal a few nights earlier, I did the guitar-behind-the-head thing and it seemed so stupidly over the top, there was no way I wasn't gonna do that at the last show! HAHA!

Then the first of our guests - Dakk. Man, it was fucking awesome playing on stage with Dakk again. Anyone who saw what went down online around the time Dakk left the band would have seen there was a bit of tension back then, but I can say for certain that there was nothing but a feeling of "This is fucking awesome" when got together on stage, and you could tell - we had a fucking blast playing Lost In The Light together.

Dakk - cheers for being part of it, man, I really appreciate you being part of the night, and I know everyone who got stuff signed by you appreciated it too (as much as you're still probably sick of signing stuff from Japan in 2003! HAHA!)

We can't do a set without Electric Eye, Huma and One Step Beyond! Lots of fun!

Then our next guest - Juz. Juz has been one of my closest friends for many years and it was a huge thrill for me to play on stage with him again. A lot of the running around I do on stage was really inspired by Juz's antics back when he was in the band from 1997 to early 1999 and as back then, Wake Up was a song full of singalongs, silly stage moves and lots of energy!

Then the song which has been requested more than any other Dungeon song, even though most of the people requesting it probably have NO IDEA what it is! HAHA! It was good to have Steve back on stage to do that with us too! That brought back some scary memories of the Lewisham Hotel in 1995 where we played Slave Of Love live for the first time (ironically, supporting Dakk's band at the time). Was it loose? Yes it was! Was it still lots of fun anyway?! FUCK YEAH! HAHA! But there - you guys wanted it? You got it! Don't say we never do nuthin' for ya! Now stop asking!!! HAHA!

Then Traumatised and then the end of the gig! ;)

Yes, derrr... of course we wouldn't just end the night like that! You knew it, but hey - it's theatre right? HAHA! Cheers to our guest speaker Freibuis for asking you guys if you wanted more! Fuckin' rockstar! :rolleyes: HAHA!

Could we do a final Dungeon show without playing Paradise? No we could not! But by then Stu's voice was totally blown out and I was having a hard time covering both of our parts. Luckily for me, there was 570 other people who were more than willing to sing the song with us! Awesome!!!

And then finally, a song which has been pretty close to me since we did it in Melbourne a few years back for a radio station benefit concert. The feeling on stage while we were performing it was so special, it became one of those songs which really speaks to you.

People asked me if the choice of Wasted Years as a cover had any special meaning and yes, it did. We've come a long way from a bunch of kids in the bush, seen a lot of places, played to a lot of crowds and met a lot of people. You really "realise you're living in the golden years" when you sit back and take a good look at it all.

I'd just like to thank a few people now.

Alex from Kania - dude, thanx heaps for the lend of your amp and quad. You saved my ass big time, I owe you one!

Russ, Michael, Dave, Craig and Alex again - guys, thank you for all of your hard work in putting this show together. I don't think you could call this anything short of an outstanding success of a night!

Kuz and Gorgoroth - merch gods! Cheers for the help there! Buy their stuff people, they deserve your business!

Goredo - cheers for the lights, man! As usual, I have no idea what they looked like out front but they were flashing and stuff so they must have been good! HAHA!

Pyro, Zen and Freibuis - fucking awesome pics!! :)

To all that filmed the show, thanx for that! Now get me the video, dammit! I wanna see!!! *stamps foot* :p

To Headhammer, 20 Grams.., Transcending Mortality and Kania - great to have you on board for the last show! Awesome stuff! :)

To Glenn and Stu - guys, thank you. It's been an honour! Good luck with what you're doing, I know everyone hasn't seen the last of you both (I have no doubt especially you'll be seeing a lot more of 20 Grams..)

To Tim - fuck, we've got some work to do! HAHAHAHA! But it should be easier with a bassist as talented as Andy on board! Yes, let me announce that LORD's bassist is our very own Aussie_Metalchild. Welcome on board, Andy! :)

To Karyn - yet again instead of having a good time at our shows, you looked after merch, ran around helping people out, coordinated the raffles, actually made some of the merch and generally took a lot of pressure off of everyone. You know how I feel already, I love you very much.

There's so many more people who continually work behind the scenes to keep Dungeon happening, like Maru, Sabrina and Eltjo, Limb and all at LMP, Daniel and all at Modern Invasion, our promo team in Europe, Steve Ravic and Metal Warriors, plus the MW crew (you guys know who you are - there's a million of you! HAHA!), all of the media... man, so many people! Thank you!

And finally, to everyone who came last night, to everyone who has come to any of our shows, bought our albums, our merch, had us sign stuff, sent us mail, posted good stuff about us on the net and told their friends to check us out, I say thank you. You people are the greatest and I appreciate your support of my crazy dream more than you could ever know. It really means the world to me. Thank you.

See you all at the first LORD shows in 2006! CHEERS!!!!! :headbang:

2. MegaHenri

MegaHenri otherwise known as HLC

3. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

4. I Don't Die

I Don't Die Soldier Of Metal

Thank you so much LT. It has been a pleasure to sit back & watch you guys over the years.

Dungeon is easily the best Aussie Metal band EVER..........

You guys have inspired my playing and writting so much.

Thanks again for some of the best gigs i have ever been to :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

p.s. How the fuck do u do a pitch on the 23rd fret :lol:

5. 213

213 Member

6. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

Beers & Cheers to ya LT, you've done well mate :headbang:

And big ups to Andy for bassing it up now - rock rock on! I want to see a trademark bass in the shape of a brick.

7. petrucci_dude

petrucci_dude teh shredz0r

Cheers to Dungeon!

:headbang:

8. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

So Andy tagged along to Europe in an attempt to usurp Glenn? :p

9. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

His cunning plan worked! :eek: :p

10. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

I posted this on the Megadeth forum.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

11. I Don't Die

12. Awake_In_Animosity

Awake_In_Animosity Fearing a Blank Planet

Yeah it was killer to meet Andy yesterday. Top bloke!

13. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

It probably cost Andy more than Dungeons yearly salary to do it. Pretty shit plan IMO.
    Aww how sweet.

And freibuis you kept screaming like a feminine version of Halford on Painkiller at the end of the show near the signings. Everyone was saying for you to shutup :lol:

I look forward to LORD and 20 Grams \m/

The name 20 grams is starting to sound better to me now as well.

14. MegaHenri

MegaHenri otherwise known as HLC

i wish i wasted 16 years in band! :headbang:

so far ive just wasted 18 years of life! :headbang:

15. I Don't Die

I second that Bro :lol: :lol:

:headbang: :headbang:

16. SM

SM Member

Thanks Dungeon for all the years you came down to Melbourne!!!!:worship:

Good luck with all your future projects and gigs!

Bring it on!:kickass:

oh and Chris still wants to play D&D with ya:tickled: :tickled: :Spin:

17. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

Awesome way to end it although I'm a bit sad there won't be any more Dungeon shows.

Really great to have previous members on stage. The first Dungeon lineup I saw live was MFTB03 - damn wish I had been clued in earlier on.

Thanks to everyone who had any part in putting on the show last night.

18. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Amen :worship: :worship: :headbang:

19. Pyro

Pyro The guy from the internet

Big cheers to Dungeon (including ex-members) for putting on such a great show as well as the gig organisers and crew (who have been mentioned by Tim – great to finally meet Russ too), all of the support bands, Zen and Freibuis and every single one of the screaming fanboys/girls who turned up. The end of the era marks the start of another. Bring on 2006.

20. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Tim, Stu, Biscuit, Glenn and all the ex-members: Congratulations and thankyou for all the music. :headbang:

One question though - what happened with the raffle? Did you have to be there at the time to claim prizes? Cause...I kinda got stuck drinking at the Madison :erk: