This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

16 Wasted Years

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Dec 11, 2005.

1. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

Does that count as biggest local metal gig in Australia...THat balcony was packed out. THat was the best concert!!

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

It'd certainly have to be one of the bigger ones, that's for sure...

Does anyone have any statistics?

For the winners who weren't there, we're getting in touch with them via their contact details they wrote on the tickets. Someone's gonna be overjoyed at receiving my stinky stage shoes in the mail! :p HAHA!

3. cro4eva

cro4eva Member

That'll be one person thats happy if its lost in the mail.:p

4. Stu

Stu www.paindivision.com

Well, firstly to add to the sentiments here, a huge and heartfelt “thank you” to everyone who came along last night to make the final Dungeon show memorable.

The last 4 years have been a great experience working with the various people that have come into Dungeon –

Thanks to LT for many things, particularly the laughs

Thanks to Dakk especially for the friendship while in Dungeon –

Thanks to Stevo for showing me the business as a very green new member of Dungeon

Thanks to Glenn for always being there for the band and never letting us down when we needed it.

Thanks to Steve Ravic for firmly believing in Dungeon and getting us overseas.

All of the people that helped and assisted – there are a lot of you so thanks.
    It’s been a wonderful experience and one that will stay with me for a long time.

Thanks for everyone’s support also last night for “20 grams” – the reaction we received from you was the best we could have ever hoped for! – We have shows happening for all ages in February and are in the middle of recording now – maybe a release date for March?.. we will see – depends on how much beer we drink during Xmas!

I’ll also still be writing for Guitarist Australia and have a few clinics happening for my new endorsement with Gibson Australia – Booked for February in all states.

To everyone here, thanks again and have a safe Xmas period.

Catch you soon -
    Stu

5. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Man, you know my thoughts on it all, but let me just say publicly one more thank you and good luck with 20 Grams.. :)

6. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Stu what happened to the ESP endorsement? If I could pick any company to be endorsed by that would be it.

7. Korensky

Korensky Go forth and DIE!

Was a great show yesterday guys. Thanks for being so awesome.

8. Darkstone

Darkstone Darkstone Media Owner

What an awesome night!

I couldn't think of a better way to end such an extraordinary carear of one of the greatest bands of all time!

Congratulations to all members of Dungeon, it is such an inspiration to be apart of your amazing work.

I hope all works well for everyone, i'm sure it will! People won't ever overlook what you've done. Time to kick back and take a breath! If anyone.. You guys deserve it! :)

9. Fill

Fill shred

Hey Tim, Stu, Glenn and Tim. I'd like to thank you guys (and Dakk and Juzz as well) for putting on a kick ass show last night. It was awesome. Each time i've seen you guys play u always deliver and last night was no exception. Thanks for playing Lost in the Light> i've been hanging out for that one for a while. Wake Up and Slave of Love (naturally) were unreal. It's sad to see you guys go, but i'll definately be coming out to and looking forward to seeing 20 Grams and Lord. All great things must come to an end i guess. Thanks for all the great memories and enjoyment guys, i appreciate it!!!

10. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Don't forget Stephen man, his playing was cool too. Slave of Love ruled so hard. With the improved recording of the new albums it would have been killer.

11. Fill

Fill shred

oops sorry bout that stephen, thanks to you too. The show wouldnt have been complete without slave of love. cheers stephen

12. aceallic

aceallic Member

Very sad to see you guys go! It’s a shame that after all that has happened over the years (particularly in 2005 with even fans resorting to contributions and loans of all sorts to the band - fuck, most of which would give their right arm to save Dungeon…) in the end it led to the name collapsing (not entirely in vein). I ask you, if the band existed in another country other than Australia, would the circumstances be different? In another dimension perhaps the name Dungeon would have been featured on every major heavy metal magazine cover, every webzines favourite point of discussion worldwide, being offered a major support slot to any and every major headliners or just simply Dungeons music being played in everyone’s media player worldwide over and over and over again, instead it will be a memory of what it could have been and sadly most of the world out there never really had the privilege of hearing the true emperors captivate the crowds as you’ve done with Aussie crowds in past to our delight. Furthermore, I feel pity for anyone that has never heard of Dungeon or heard the magnificent songs that you guys left behind, the classics that give us hope and joy in every day life! A rise of the mighty Dungeon empire that was built for eternity fell overnight! Shocked we all were no doubt about it. Had we knew what was going to happen in the end we’d be asking for a insane send off, and 2005 has been fantastic for us all. We couldn’t have asked for a more active year from a band we all love and cherished for as long as we can remember, personally seeing the band over 10 times this year, is a record I am proud to keep! Memories shall remain…

To ex-Dungeon members, good luck with everything and I HOPE to see the DUNGEON name re emerge on the live scene in not too distant future (it’s a dream, and I’m hopeful and optimistic it will realize).

G.

13. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

14. Crozzy

Crozzy Pork Pouch

Good to meet you too dude!!!

*has a moment*

15. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

I'm actually moving to Sydney in January... so not really such a shit plan afterall eh? :)

-------

All I can say is wow! :) What a great gig! Definatly a night to remember! Congrats to the Dungeon lads for ending the night on such a high note!

Cheers to all the new people I met down there eg: Dougie, Goredo, Anthony, Cameron, Bucko, Westhammer etc etc (sorry I cant remember everyone!! :( ) as well as the great friends I already know :)

As far as the LORD thing goes... well, Im stoked! :) What else can I say? There's a lot of hard work up ahead but we're all pretty focused so it should kick arse :) Thanks for the congrats guys :)

16. L.F

L.F Member

What an afternoon/night of Metal! Very glad I was there to witness some Australian Metal history. Met the band, got stuff signed, blew $15 bucks on raffle tickets and also picked up 3 albums I've been after at that stall.

Got nothing but good memories of Dungeon and looking foward to more Lord and other projects in 2006

P.S: The Art Of War is one of the best metal songs ever! :headbang:

17. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

HAHAHA! I'll do that once you legally change your name to "Lance Lazer" ;)

18. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

yeah i missed it - ah well.
    congrats andy btw ;)

19. Icarus

Icarus Shamone

Awesome gig! You guys were great and I am glad I went.

Singing slave of love ruled! haha :headbang:

20. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Fuck yeah man, its great you are moving down. You know I was just joking. Good fucking work on making it in bro.