This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

16 Wasted Years

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

i didnt realise you were actually referring to the overseas thing! Yeah, it cost me an arm and a leg to go over with the Dungeon guys but it was worth every single cent :) The people I got to meet and places I saw were priceless! Its going to be hard to top it!

And cheers mate :)

2. MetalMad

MetalMad Member

What an amazing gig!!! Dungeon fucking rule, no matter what. The best metal band in Australian history. Tim(Oh my LORD;fastest fucking fingers I've ever seen and ear piercing vocals...REALLY!!), Stu(you are a metal god man :headbang: :kickass:), Glenn(headbanger from hell), Biscuit(a fucking MACHINE; and I'm not PISSING in your pocket!! :D ) AND Dakk, Juz and Stephen, thank you for an awesome show. You guys are awesome.

20 Grams...fuck yeah!! Rock and roll attitude with serious balls. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys.

Ant

3. MetalMad

MetalMad Member

Oh yeah...Andy. You will be most welcome in Sydney, stay away from Cronulla and Bankstown though. ;)
    Catch up soon man.

4. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Cheers to the lads! Some people will remember December 11 2005 as a day of violence and idiocy, but I'll remember it as the night my favourite band played their last show. :)

Back to the numbers, I think a couple of the World War Three shows back in 2000 did more numbers, and there was a Damaged all-ages gig once that topped 500 at the end of the same year, but 550 is the biggest local show since then at least! Well fucking done.

5. metal evilution

metal evilution Davestorm

Yeah pretty amazing turnout for a local gig especially of course when all the bands featured get absolutely no mainstream radio play or support!
    Cheers to the fans!!!!!

www.transcendingmortality.com

6. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I'm jealous, you guys had more turn up to your gig then mine :p

Admittedly, I play in a 70's-80's cover band and we only go charity/corp gigs.

Money's good, but nothing exciting happens.

Turnout was awesome. Music was good. The mix was bad. Shame. But like sex and pizza... even if it's bad. it's still pretty okay.

Cheers
    pips

7. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

Once again...amazing show guys! :headbang:

8. Wenda

Wenda Lady LORD

:oops: Aw. :) I never said I didn't have a good time doing merch - I get to talk to heaps of other fans, and other cool people... like Holger from Nuclear Blast who tried to get me drunk on vodka while I was helping sell the Nightwish tshirts :p and I have to admit it's a little less injurious than moshing ;)

Nah seriously, it was a great gig - I'll always be as big a fan as I always was of what Dungeon did and what LORD will do. The band and the guests were electric and the crowd made the atmosphere, as always... huge props to Russ and all who leant a hand and helped him make this happen, and the support bands who did an awesome job, you guys all fucking rock :) :worship:

9. MetGreen

MetGreen KFC Maniac!!!

A bit late to comment, but ah well...

I was tired as all hell Sunday morning (or was it afternoon when i woke up), due to a drive back up after the Daysend show on the Saturday. Once awake, had a quick shower, quick yarn to Pyro then headed back down on Bus. Damn track maintenance.

In the end all the unnecessary travelling was well worth it. There was no way i was missing out on the band that got me into Australian metal, and whom are by far my favourite Australian band. Dungeon have been the biggest musical inspiration for me since our first encounter (Chalice tour in March/April 2002 i believe). Since then i've had the honour of sharing the stage with you guys three times. And also one moment in particular that will forever be cherished - supplying stick action to Electric Eye in April this year. Thank you so much for those opportunities.

Last night couldn't have panned out any better in my opinion. Most bases were covered, except for Stevo not flying down to play on Netherlife :) Favourites for me were Lost in the Light (Dakk owned that song), Wake Up and Huma. Hey Tim, any ideas what Dungeon songs LORD will be showcasing once amongst the live scene?

Best Dungeon moment for me? Can only narrow it down to five...

Dungeon/Chalice show, Newcastle
    Destruction 2002
    MFTB 2004 (Art of War debut fucking owned me)
    MFTB 2005
    Final Show, December 11 2005

A great 16 years guys, even though i was only apart of it for four.

10. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Yeah, there'll be a lot of the favourites (we want to have a good continuity between LORD and Dungeon so people get the feel of it being like a Dungeon show) plus some stuff people have been asking for for a long long time! ;)

11. salty

salty Member

Twas a bloody great night!

Glad I made the trek down.

12. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Twas good to meet you and Tonci in person, even if it was only briefly.

13. KellyStar

KellyStar www.bmusic.com.au

Congratulations on what I understand was a fantastic farewell gentlemen (and signing titties?????? :p )
    We all of us in our lifetimes face new dawns, good luck with those which you are all heading toward, as diverse as they are and, I've no doubt ultimately, fulfilling as they will be. I'm sure there's much that has been learnt from such a long journey for you Tim, and those who have come and gone and shared in your dream will no doubt have learnt much with you. All those lessons learnt and paths crossed I trust will only afford you all even more personal and professional success in the years to come. And success which is immeasurable, that which is beyond the commercial sense and resides in the heart and soul of a true musician.
    Thank you for having me as a small part of the Dungeon family for the past few years, just never saw yas play :oops:

14. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Man, I (and everyone else from Dungeon) really appreciate your support!

If money allows, we'll be making the trek to Adelaide sometime with LORD and we'll definitely catch up then! :)

15. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Is KellyStar Shane from BMusic?

16. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

17. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Cool, you should expect a couple of sales then next year man. I should be buying an MII neckthru camo standard and an SV of some sort next year.

18. TheDenimRager

Who's in the money, eh? :loco:

Why aren't you talking on MSN, biatch?

19. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

It doesn't say you are online like always.

20. TheDenimRager

Ignore it, its wrong - if I say hi, I'm online until I say bye.