This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

16 Wasted Years

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Dec 11, 2005.

1. MetallurgyPaul

MetallurgyPaul Fuck Like a Beast.

Treking down from the QLD was FUCKING SO WORTH IT, Never ever flew let alone been out far from brisbane, was an awesome experience, a top weekend and a fucking awesome night!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

2. Blasty

Blasty H.M.J.

Here is a recording of Dungeon's full set. It doesn't sound that good (but that's becuase of the shit mixing). This was made with my minidisc recorder and two mics leaning on the railing of the balcony, just left of centre.

It's about 140MB. To download, you'll need to click the attachment below, but change the extension from .txt to .torrent when saving, and then opening it up in Azureus or Bittorrent.

If people like this one I've also got 20 Grams' set.

Attached Files:

3. The Amazer

The Amazer Member

I'M THERE.

4. Pyro

Pyro The guy from the internet

Hahah.. ah shit, that username is almost too fitting to be a coincidence. Your post won't exist when Tim or Karyn ..wake up *flashback* *bliss*

..where was I?

5. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

That username similarity has been mentioned before. :)

Why do you only have 47 posts?

6. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Looks like he started a new account, didn't he used to be PyroVesten?

7. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Nah, we established that Blasty here was not the "blasty" we all know and "love" from MetroSlop. ;)

8. Blasty

Blasty H.M.J.

*Identity crisis. Head implodes*

9. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

Downloading that set now just to hear it again :)

10. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Hey yeah..... Pyro, what did you do with the REAL Pyro? :err:

11. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

It was sad how the final Dungeon gig had such a crap mix.

I've been to louder venues to see Dungeon and my ears have not rung this much. They're still ringing now, and it's freakin' Tuesday.

I think the Manning bar was the best mix I heard Dungeon play. When they supported Edguy.

The sound was distinct, crisp and loud. Too bad the crowd didn't make it :(

Once again, the memory remains, what a great gig never the less.

I'm married and had a chick try to chat me up... I'm also butt ugly. So, I don't know what that says about her taste in men. :p

There's hope for us all. :loco:

cheers
    pips

12. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

My ears are still ringing too but they take longer to recover these days. I'd wear plugs but if I do that the sound is too quiet

Definitely the best female turnout at the Dungeon shows I've been to - another positive :D

13. Pyro

Pyro The guy from the internet

Re: Identity - I have been lurking on here since sometime shortly before the September 11 attacks. I didn't bother signing up for ages, and when I did, I just used my standard “there-is-probably-already-a-PYRO-on-here” username because by that stage UMF had really started become a lot more active and I assumed it would have been taken as was the case on most other forums. I just checked the other day and saw that there there wasn't a Pyro on all of UMF so I figured I would make a new account and freshen up my avatar. I don't give an arse about post counts so it was a pretty easy choice to make.

14. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Stand near me? PLEASE? :loco:

15. Blasty

Blasty H.M.J.

I wear plugs now, as the sound can actually sound better (mainly at very loud volumes, the distortion you hear is actually your ears rather than the PA, but on Sunday night nothing could fix that sound). It's just a matter of finding ones that suit your ears. You can change the volume by moving them around. I couldn't do an all day gig without them.

On that second point, I concur! If you listen through to the end of my recording, you'll hear the girl next to me ask where her top is. :lol:

16. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

Hey Blasty, is there any way of converting those txt files in mpeg for the people that don't have a bittorrent and can't be bothered downloading one.

17. Blasty

Blasty H.M.J.

Nah I really have to use Bittorrent. The file is 140MB, and I can't upload that to every person that wants it. Bittorrent shares the burden of uploading so everyone gets it faster.

It's easy, just download and run http://www.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-Stable.exe then open up the torrent file you saved before, and it will start downloading.

18. StephenSLR

StephenSLR Member

I had a great time and surprisingly found this on the Torana forum

http://www.gmh-torana.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=855

Tim had talked about getting ex members on stage for an Iron Maiden-esque chant a la Heaven Can Wait but a few days before the gig he emails me asking if I want to play Slave of Love so there was a scurried few days of practice, I even made it down to the 'gong for in impromptu rehearsal while visiting my sister.

To Biscuit's surprise we even did a couple of quick run throughs of Changing Moods - it was great to play that again, would've loved to play that live.

On stage 'Slave' was played twice as fast so yeah, I was trying my best not to stuff up and make do with my guitar cutting out in parts- dunno what happened it all was fine for the Lycanthia rehearsal earlier that day, sounded like a bad lead but it was working fine for Stu - could be a wiring thing, my speaker jack tends to get a bit loose sometimes.

All in all it was a hell of a lot of fun and Stu is right, don't believe what others say about Tim - he works hard at what he does and needs to in order to give you guys the best show possible, others who can't keep up may have some resentment or envy.

The four years I spent with Dungeon enabled me to improve my playing immensely and I wouldn't be playing today at my level if it weren't for the guidance and practice habits as well as the commitment I picked up from LT.

I have seen what it takes and I do my best to pass on similar techniques and get Lycanthia thinking and acting more like a professional band - those who have been following Lycanthia over the past few years may have noticed an improvement and I see the same dedication in Lee so when we have had to find musicians we didn't settle for anyone who isn't prepared to share our level of enthusiasm and commitment to practice, etc. It's not as easy as what it looks, once you have the band you have to constantly work at it to get things 'tight'.

I have to thank Tim for the experience.

s

19. salty

salty Member

The gig on Sunday was the first gig I've ever worn earplugs at after I annihilated my right ear at Dungeon's Brisbane gig during Mobstar by filming right next to the front speakers on the right side of stage...really fucked up that ear and it took it over a week to get mostly back to normal. I think it's as better as it's gonna get now and it's ok.

Anyway I went and bought some Hearos earplugs...Rock'n'Roll series...and they were fantastic. Everything sounded fine to me...every now and then I'd take one half out to have a listen and it really seemed unlistenable in comparison to the plugged sound. These plugs are awesome. Anyone who's gone to a gig with me will know that generally during a gig you can't talk to me because i cant hear shit. But with these plugs in, I could hear the band great, and I could even hear someone talking to me during the music playing...which to me was awesome.

Hearos! They're awesome. Washable and reusable and cost about 10 bucks.

They also have a Hi Fidelity series also, which is apparently what Steve Vai uses according to their website.

20. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Man, its saying the torrent is not authorised on that tracker?

I need it now.