This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

2015 Symphony X Album News

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by iceandfire84, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Durakonis

Durakonis Zudviz

Don't want to analyze, but it is really awesome. In fact it resembles Angra's new approach, which is preserving its core signature elements and bringing sth new to the table, ignoring some resemblances to some other bands. I believe it is a matter of being a fan or not. I'm not an Angra fan, so I didn't like their new approach. (And it satisfied its dedicated fans, and got positive feedback from the people that met with them with their last album, in here.). For me, Nevermore is a very promising song for the album, and this lyric video ROCKS!!!

2. E. Mannerheim

E. Mannerheim New Metal Member

Sounds good - fast & heavy but good! :headbang:

Guitar solo starts with same lick as Serpent's Kiss' solo ends! Anyone notice the same thing?

3. Islandstone

Islandstone Member

Not too bad. It has a lot of that PL/Iconoclast vibe in the riffing and the verses, the lyrics are as expected, and there's less keyboard than I like. However, that pre-chorus and chorus is really good. Great vocal melodies, neat picking, and a real sense of emotion. I love the "big" sound of it.

So yeah, great chorus, and the rest is decent. But please, for the rest of the album - MORE KEYBOARDS!

4. AsoTamaki

AsoTamaki Member

Wow, new song already! That was fast. It feels a little closer to The Odyssey than the last album. I like it overall.

Russell sounds very reserved. It's pretty obvious he was holding back from doing too much rough vocals (which I'm thankful for), but somehow it didn't feel like there was the usual level of energy. Also, Pinnella is practically MIA. What's up with that?

Yeah, although I didn't realize exactly what song it was from at first, lol. I wonder what the connection is that made Romeo decide to do that. There's all the references to DWOT in this song, but I'm not sure how Serpent's Kiss relates to anything.

EDIT: Oh, and I guess those last.fm tracks lengths are accurate after all.

5. TrapsMaster

TrapsMaster Member

I`m baaaack. You know what that means... Arguing! Yeaa you surely missed that...

You wanna tell me that "Kiss of Fire", "Hell and Back", "Without You", "In My Darkest Hour" are not typical power metal bullshit (btw much worse that any of Iconoclast titles)? At least try to sound like you say something that makes sense :)

Cover is pretty lame for me. I mean idea is pretty cool, maybe this dark tone fits the album, but these masks look like those from Dance of Death as one of you said so. Also I just noticed that the lower face has no horns, it`s just an illusion caused by those triangles all over the centre.

You`re 100% right, I`m really dissapointed with the main theme of the lyrics. It should be something completely new, this heaven & hell stuff is getting boring.

What about Nevermore?
    I don`t know, I don`t have clear opinion on this song. Somehow it`s lame and amazing at the same time...
    The best parts of vocals are suddenly cut out and thrown away from melody twice. Lyrics are the worst SX lyrics I`ve seen yet. They sound cool, but those are just random sets of generic power metal words repeated way too many times. Intro is fast and nice, but very short and non-developed and if there is nothing more to it in Overture then it`s average at best. Also the introduction to the third stanza is weak.
    But the instrumental part is great, solo is much better than in 95% of metal songs (Romeo is just a genius with his talent to make interesting solos), riffs of course inspired. Chorus is generic but I like it. SX is trying something new and we can hear it. Nevermore has giant potential in it but the outcome of what they`ve done with their ideas is like 5 or 6/10.

6. Xtopher

Xtopher Creation's menace

Its the single people, keep that in mind. The single has to appeal to the vast majority of the "metal people" in order to get hooked. We SX fans know this song cannot be their best one. I refuse to believe that.

7. iceandfire84

iceandfire84 The One Who Knocks

This x1000 times. To me Serpent's Kiss might be my least favorite song in their entire catalog down there with shades of grey lol. Also, end of innocence is I think one of the weaker songs on Iconoclast and rarely gets listened to anymore. Plenty of great songs on both those albums in my mind (yeah yeah...I know you all hate Iconoclast but w/e I like it and am a long time fan) so one single does not an album make.

8. Durakonis

Durakonis Zudviz

Agreed. And in fact I think Nevermore is a great song, and I cannot imagine how mighty an album that can be, if this is one of the album's weakest songs. :Spin:

9. Adam Fiske

Here's a nice little quote:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Underworld-Symphony-X/dp/B00XZABJRA/nuclblas-21[/ame]

lots of other promising sounding bits in the product description.

10. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Thanks for that! Makes me even more excited. Sounds like "Without You" could be in the vein of something ballad-but-not-ballady like "Communion and the Oracle"...

...hey, I can hope.

11. Isaac_de_Moorea

Isaac_de_Moorea Silent Member

It sounds to me more like "Without you" could be on the vein of "When All is Lost" but I really hope you're right.

12. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Your prediction is far more likely.

13. symphonyXjapan

I think the cover would look a lot better with one minor change. Make the band logo either red or orange. Or hell, any other color than black since black is the color of the rest of the cover!

Something so simple, screwed up, just to irk me to no end...

14. Alien Mantis

Alien Mantis Galactic Explorer

Okay, I fixed it for you.

[​IMG]

15. uhhhhmmmm4

uhhhhmmmm4 Jesus Machine

^ hahaha actually, that kinda works :lol:

16. Adam Fiske

My guess is Kiss of Fire is the neo-classical number. Like Out of The Ashes or Seven. It's a very 90s Yngwie Malmsteen sounding title.

17. Alien Mantis

Alien Mantis Galactic Explorer

Nah.... it's a cover of THIS song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al9FNWQIvsg

18. Phanto

Phanto Alalalalalalalala.

that album cover has strong dance of death vibes
    crappy 3d renders :D

19. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

20. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

Frickin' EZO. Right on. I remember that one...

Metal today needs more hair.