This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

2015 Underworld N.A. tour thread

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by EyeballKid, Sep 18, 2015.

1. iceandfire84

iceandfire84 The One Who Knocks

2. Krondor

Krondor Member

Haha I'm just like that in every concert. :wave: Doesn't matter what the genre is. I'm always just standing there with my arms crossed and watching/listening intensely... Well I might move my head a bit, but that is all :Spin:

3. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Saw the gig in Chicago last night the band was absolutely on fire. Russell sure has taken some notes from Bruce Dickinson's frontman playbook, especially with the masks. He sounded killer!

Romeo shred so hard that he cut his hand open. There was blood all over his shiny white guitar.

I loved that, too! Pinnella was mixed really high at our gig and I couldn't have been happier.

4. warpig25

warpig25 Member

5. warpig25

warpig25 Member

you know what, im fuckin pissed on SyX guys and their labels..not only they dont have DVD, but they didnt put out a live album in a million years and that makes me angry cause i see and hear so much energy in their live performance, so it would be so good...i mean, there are bands that record every fuckin show(govt mule, metallica..), there are bands that put out live albums after every tour....what are people around SyX doing?!

i know Romeos attitude, he said he doesnt want to do a regular DVD, he wants to do it with whole symphony orchestra...ok cool idea but very expensive...althought im angry cause he thinks that way, i respect that, like i respect all of his way of work and thinking..but live album?? come on guys, do a 15 song set, record it and put it out...local demo bands are doing that in high quality today, its really not such a big deal:/

6. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

Considering Romeo's love of movies, I'm sure he wants it to look and sound perfect - but I totally agree. You could film these guys through a paper bag and it would still be an incredible recording.

7. chriscc

chriscc Member

8. anonym115

anonym115 Member

9. LittleTortillaBoy

I like the new album, but I have to say this is the worst setlist they ever had

10. warpig25

warpig25 Member

11. Adam Fiske

That live video of To Hell and Back makes me realize how similar the second part of it is to The Eye and Sirens from The Odyssey, and that actually makes me appreciate the song a lot more. I can't wait until we get the next proper epic from these guys.

12. Detective Beauregard

Detective Beauregard Hammer of Serious Anger

Romeo started bleeding all over his guitar after To Hell and Back in Chicago, and if you watch the video you can see a few tapping parts he misses because he can tell his hand is cut.

13. anonym115

anonym115 Member

What actually happened to his hand? Which finger was cut and how did it happen?

14. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

No idea, but probably playing too close to the strings. It was his right hand, so now doubt he just rubbed a spot raw or something.

15. chriscc

chriscc Member

16. EyeballKid

EyeballKid Shyamalan'd

17. Plendakor

Plendakor Member

Shooting with a DSLR, a real mic and an adjusted input volume would be much better.

18. Prog is King

Prog is King Member

I saw the show last night in San Francisco. Despite having to listen to Serpents Kiss, it was an excellent performance. All the Underworld songs
    sound great live. Even Nevermore which is my least favorite on the CD. I would have liked them to have played In My Darkest Hour, which is my favorite.
    Either way I was very happy with the show. They could have played longer though, as the set was 11 songs in an hour and fifteen minutes. Russ sounded
    as good as I have heard him. Mike R was outstanding as usual. Mike P, Mike L and Jason were very good as well. They all look great in their advancing
    years. The venue was The Regency Ballroom, which is not huge, but was maybe half full. Where is everyone?

19. nckissfan

nckissfan Civil War reenactor

I bought my tickets for the Charlotte, NC show. Looking forward to seeing them again.

20. warpig25

warpig25 Member

sound is not the best but overall cool video of a whole show:) [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioAOWGxy_ZI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioAOWGxy_ZI[/ame]