This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2017 Year End List?

Discussion in 'Amorphis (Unofficial)' started by tuonelan, Dec 22, 2017.

1. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Which new releases fought their way into your listening (and your regard) during the last year?

I wouldn't call this a Critical Top Pics. Some of these I found a bit uneven, but all of them had something that got me listening and kept me coming back. Also, it's not all metal, though the genealogy is there.

Elder - Reflections of a Floating World
    Enslaved - E
    Ereb Altor - Ulfven
    Fen - Winter
    Helheim - LandwarijaR
    Legend - Midnight Champion
    Myrkur - Mareidt
    Persefone - Athma
    Rebirth of Nefast - Tabernaculum
    Sólstafir - Berdreyminn
    Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar
    Vintersorg - TIll Fjälls Del II
    Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
    Wormwood - Ghostlands: Wounds from a Bleeding Earth

papajohnny and Brell like this.
  2. Brell

Brell Member

2017 was an off year for me, I don't think I bought enough music to even make a list. I gotta make up for it this year.

papajohnny likes this.
  3. papajohnny

papajohnny Member

2017 wasn't my best either. I didn't buy much music, maybe 5 records and few CDs at best. I guess it happens.
    That being said, I did listen to a fair amount of music, but very little of it was metal or even rock at all. Most of my music foray was limited to output of labels Warp Records and Ultimae Records, with some Cryo Chamber acts thrown into the mix. I guess it was mostly an ambient year. That aside, I listened to a fair bit of Ulver and Nick Cave, along with various jazz and funk artists that I was digging up here or there.

In summary, 2017 was a poor year in music for me. It was a poor year in many ways for me, to be honest. Sucked hard. I don't think I'll miss it, some nice bits aside.

Brell likes this.
  4. Brell

Brell Member

Outside of music, 2017 was my best year in probably a decade, though there were some very extreme low points here and there. 2018 seems to be off to a bad start, though I'm sure the new Amorphis album will brighten things up quite nicely!