This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

6 years

Discussion in 'Woods of Ypres' started by matt schrauben, Dec 21, 2017.

1. matt schrauben

matt schrauben Curse You All Men!

Has it been this long already? Damn... I oft wonder where Woods would be today if Dave was still around. Who knows.. all I know is I'm cranking some Woods loud today.

RIP David!

2. DarriOakenhawk44

DarriOakenhawk44 WoY Supporter

Greetings all,

I hope each and every last one of you are getting by... I don't nearly come on here nearly as much as I use too, just isn't the same for me... Good on you for keeping the flame alive Matt, made me smile on a rather bleak day.... Thanks for that. \w/!

All the best to all going forward!
    -D. \w/!

#2 DarriOakenhawk44, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  3. The Black Death

The Black Death WoY supporter

4. shredsofautumn

Been a long while... after the situation was processed in my mind, it became hard to listen to Woods V much. Still reserve it for a "few times a year" when the time is right. Preferably on a night at home alone with some Crown Royal at my disposal. A tragic masterpiece.

5. Lightwarden

Lightwarden New Metal Member

I absolutely believe if David were still alive, Woods of Ypres would be regarded as one of the top ten most popular metal bands to come out of Canada. His lyrics and music were akin to Bob Dylan or Shakespeare. Absolute fucking genius. I don’t always listen to WoY to jam out, but I always listen to them whenever I’m feeling down or want to think, and I always feel better. Gold was absolutely legendary, and I wish I had the chance to meet him.