This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A 100% Freeware Mix / Master

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Cheesebone, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Cheesebone

Cheesebone Member

Hey guys, it's been a good long while since I've put anything up here.

Either way, here's my most recent attempt at a mix, and the deal here is that I am using 100% freeware plugins. It's on a few riffs I started writing back when I was writing for Nonpoint's 2014 album.

This song is in drop A. Also, this was recorded with an LTD F-500 into an old-ass M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Emissary Ignite and Poulin Lecto for the guitars. Drums were done with MT Power Drumkit 2. Bass was some awful sounding Charvel 4-string into the same interface. All things considered, I think it sounds ok, but I really have no idea what I'm doing, just kinda learning as I go. (And it sounds retarded in mono, I think it has something to do with a stereo field manipulator I have on the cymbal tracks)

Enjoy!

2. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

Hi,

I think it's a job well done. I do like the drums, especially.

If I'd have one criticism, I guess it would be the guitar tone. It's not "bad" per say, it's just that for some riffs I had some issues hearing what the guitar is actually playing. Perhaps tweaking the tone to make it sit better in the mix and make it more "audible" (by that I mean, not necessarily just increasing the volume), I think you'd be in good shape, especially for a freeware only mix!

It could just be the IRs? You haven't mentioned which one you used I think?

3. pattonfreak1

pattonfreak1 Bored Member

Can you describe how you processed MTPDK Ii? I just can't seem to get the kick to sound "metal"