This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

About Mortal Sin Tonight

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Keeper of the Seven Cheese, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Watto

Watto the need...for speed!

Looking forward to the new album and more sydney shows. If word got round to MetallicA fans who appreciate the older tallica more than the newer, you guys would sell out more shows. I know ive been telling metallica fans that aren't into any other metal to check you guys out.

2. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Thanks for getting up on the Speakers Matty, I ran over and started headbanging like crazy. The upstairs was really empty feeling. I wish I was downstairs in the action.

3. Hubster

Hubster ...

Cheers to you Mat - I've been waiting since 1986 to see you guys (I was 11 then) and it was good to finally be able to see it after all the years of blasting MD and FotD in my bedroom as a young metalhead.

The long wait was well worth it - you guys were fucking tight as hell, and I loved the "studded wristband touch" when you guys came on to play MD.

Mat - "Are you guys ready for some 80s thrash metal?"
    Crowd - "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Good to see Mortal Sin still flying the Aussie flag high for metal! Best part is now the new generation get to see the REAL shit in their face from the band who were there when it all happened.

Cheers! And wearing my Mortal Sin shirt with pride down at the beach!

H

PS - First time I've headbanged in 12 years, neck is sore as!

4. Troy\m/

Troy\m/ The Grynch

Yeah, it was dead upstairs. Shame. It was just a few of us getting in to it and some 11 yr old on speed. A few by standers too. But fucking awesome gig. Alarum were not my thing but Darker Half did really well I thought. And Mortal Sin... what can I say. FUCKING EXCELLENT!!! I was really impressed when I saw them with Anthrax, which was the first time Id heard them, and this show completly blew that out of the water. I will defintatley see Mortal Sin at any Sydney gig they play. I dont care if its just me and Dougie and that smacked up 11 year old. I will fucking be there.

5. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

A most excellent thing to hear!:headbang:
    Can't wait to see Hobb's and the Boys back on stage and ripping it up as in the Days of Old (School)!
    I's honestly reckon that it's great to have all these classic style thrashers back on the scene and playing. Shows all we young cunts were it all came from as well allowing us access to music that is truly brutal without the taints of commericalism and modernity.
    All the best to Hobb's AOD with their new material and here's to a DVD in the future.:headbang::headbang::headbang:
    Peace
    The Pimp NeonBlack

6. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

Mat - any word on when/if the old albums will be available?

7. Crabby

Crabby Member

8. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Mat seems like such a cool guy. I would have loved to had been old enough to see Metallica in 1989. Holy fuck that would be a gig to blow your mind.

9. Hubster

Hubster ...

Great interview, top read.

Mat seems like a good bloke alright. I had a quick chat with him before and after the gig, good down to earth bloke.

God I hope Mortal Sin take off again, they make you proud of being an Aussie metal fan.

10. aceallic

aceallic Member

Killer! Ive added this story to our news section: http://www.hailmetal.com/index.html Also we have done a review for you guys which includes tons of photos. :)

Cheers.