This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amorphis Gigs

Discussion in 'Amorphis (Unofficial)' started by Eurynome, Dec 8, 2012.

1. only4theweak187

It ended up being for my guest spot set I saw:

Death of a King
    Bad Blood
    Silver Bride
    On Rich and Poor
    Into Hiding
    Hopeless Days
    House of Sleep
    Black Winter day

Turned out to be awesome.

I'm glad the NYC show got postponed as I couldn't make it there today :) at least I'll have another chance to catch that headliner set in the city

Eurynome and Brell like this.
  2. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Of course it was awesome. (And congrats on getting a second show you can make it to.)

Brell likes this.
  3. only4theweak187

Incredible band live. Not even speaking of presentation or stage presence...

But how smooth their live sound is.

Amazing musicians

Brell likes this.
  4. Brell

Brell Member

OH MY GOD!! 4 MORE DAYS!!!:D:headbang:

5. Brell

Brell Member

Wow, this weekend could not have been more perfect! Amorphis truly is the best live band I've ever heard. Every second was flawless and overflowing with passion! They were so nice during the meet and greet, and graciously signed the few things I brought. Amorphis delivered beyond any expectations! Superb!!

Attached Files:

6. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Saturday... :headbang:

Brell likes this.
  7. only4theweak187

Awesome guys

So glad this tour for them has been so successful

Brell likes this.
  8. Brell

Brell Member

I don't think Amorphis has ever gotten this much love and support from North America! I definitely see more tours in our future!

only4theweak187 likes this.
  9. only4theweak187

Hopefully, as it looks like they won't be rescheduling another NYC show because of the storm the first time. Fkk

10. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

They do have a show on Long Island scheduled for the 23rd...

11. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Note to self: next time show up closer to 10 pm. Four bands on before Swallow the Sun, two of which were young and none of which were memorable.

Swallow the Sun started a bit distracted since the last band on before them screwed up their monitor mix, but they still sounded good. I missed seeing Juha and Aleksi on stage with them, but they sounded the same as always and remain utterly distinctive. Such an absolutely clear step up from what preceded them. Always great to hear "These Woods Breathe Evil" live.

God damn but Amorphis sounds great right now. House mix was really clear and everyone was so very clearly hearing each other and relaxing into the songs. Skyforger has become an absolutely epic live song with the growls in place of the harsh vocals for the "In solitude I measure out..." section of the song.

Crowd in Anaheim was much smaller than the venue, but still a few hundred people, and very receptive. Lots of people with Amorphis shirts on and lots of horns, headbanging, and singing along. Very much a more enthusiastic night than last time I saw them headline. Seems like they have grown in popularity here over the last eight years.

Eurynome and Brell like this.
  12. Brell

Brell Member

Sampo and Skyforger were a nice surprise! I wasn't expecting them in the setlist!

It shouldn't be that shocking that they sound so good live, but it kind of is. I mean, I've seen bands that are ten times bigger than them that didn't sound as good. When I saw them the first night in Wisconsin, I know the sound in that venue is absolutely dreadful, even Swallow The Sun sounded kind of meh....but Amorphis got up there and sounded magical. The only other band I can remember seeing that could compete with Amorphis, as far as how they sound live, is Rammstein.

13. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

I've heard Opeth sound as good, especially at their 25th anniversary show, and Gojira usually sounds great as well, but Gojira has a much less cluttered sound. Amorphis, however, has definitely got their shit dialed in right now -- loose, without being sloppy -- as you can hear in this vid from the show at the Whisky the night before:

Sound quality was similarly good at The Grove where we saw them.

ETA: Or not...user took down vid. :bah:

#433 tuonelan, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Brell likes this.
  14. only4theweak187

Yeah wasn't gonna traverse out to the shithole that is Amityville.

Fucking snow had to ruin the NYC date.

Oh well, I'd think this USA tour was a big success for them after having not been in so long. Lots of sold out shows in decent venues for how known Amorphis is here in the states.

They should be back.

Brell likes this.
  15. Luoto

Luoto Member

The Helsinki gig at The Circus on September 23 will apparently be streamed live free of charge. No further information on which platform it will happen.

There's also a raffle contest where you can win a VR headset for viewing the show.

Brell and Nokkakolari like this.
  16. Nokkakolari

Nokkakolari Member

And here is me booking plane tickets to fly in from good ole Germany for the Circus gig... :rofl:

Luoto and Brell like this.