This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Aniara online-resource

Discussion in 'Seventh Wonder' started by AndreasBlomqvist, Dec 3, 2010.

1. AndreasBlomqvist

AndreasBlomqvist Mr. Bassman

Hi everybody!

Since TGE (song) constitutes such a big part of the album I would like to comment some on the lyrics. As you all know by now it is based on the novel Aniara from 1956.

I strongly encourage you all to read it. I know it is unbelievably beautiful in Swedish but for those of you who don't read Swedish there is an official English translation which you can purchase from for instance Amazon ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Aniara-Epic-Science-Fiction-Poem/dp/1885266634/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291384218&sr=1-1[/ame])
    The book is not particularly long so most people could get through it I guess.

To me the English is rather advanced and I don't fully udnerstand all subtleties in it, but those of you who have English as your native tounge might.

For those of you who can't stomach going through a book on semi-rhyme, this is a pretty cool online resource where the author discusses the story in the book. Some of his conclusions and interpretations I do not share, others I do. Either way I think it might help you appreciate TGE more by spending some time with this page.

http://www.ips-planetarium.org/planetarian/articles/aniara.html

I have taken some liberties in the name of artistic freedom in my rendition of this novel, as I felt it necessary to keep the story progressing in an at least somewhat understandable fashion, with the limited space (no pun intended) I had at my disposal.

Thank you all for your interest!
    It was a lot of hard work and I really appreciate your kind support!

2. Shadowsoul

Shadowsoul Lost in SeventhWonderland

I found the English interpretation in my University library. Even as a native English speaker, it's quite difficult to follow at times, i'm only 40 pages in atm though

3. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep Lord Of The Winter Snow

I got interested as well. But my "books to read" list is quite long and im very busy these days, so don't know if i'll get to it anytime soon. I might soon order myself a copy though :)

4. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

This definitely has peaked my interest... I'm not drawn to science fiction, but the fact that it's written like an epic poem has me wanting to read it...

A useless bit of info - I'm currently engrossed in the PRB (Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood) and D.G. Rossetti's poems are phenominal as much at Milais and Hunt's paintings are visually astounding... I wish I painted HALF as well as they did...

5. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

sorry for the double post..