This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another new track posted

Discussion in 'The Absence' started by ihave27frets, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ihave27frets

ihave27frets Member

2. fry8

fry8 New Metal Member

To be frank, it was in my opinion, a pretty averege sounding song. The guitar lead parts were excellent however, and they are much much better than the previous guitar solos (not that the other ones were bad, they just weren't as professional sounding as they are in this track). Some parts of the song were reminiscent of black metal, which was kinda cool and it sounding a little like a band called hypocrisy. Though, the main problem with the song was that it lacks a catch to it (something that makes you head bang) and the vocals were there to become a lead instrument rather than an accompaniment to the other insturments (drums, guitar, bass). A good example of the vocal accompaniment would defiantly be in the song "A Breath Beneath." In that song, the riffs are catchy and the vocals work very well with the other instruments and it makes your head bang. To me, screaming vocals aren't a lead instruement. Clean vocals are a lead instrument and high and low screaming vocals are an accompaniment to the other instruments.

However, I do like the implementation of the low vocals and I love the more brutal and harsher sounds of the track, especially when the acoustic part ends and the distorted guitar part comes in to play. Maybe saying the song was averege was a little harsh, but it certainly isn't exceedingly different than anything I haven't heard of. I don't mean to be bashful, I am just trying to be very blunt and honest.

3. m_sutin

m_sutin rider of the plague!

i as well am being honest, but i love everything about it, it takes all of the elements of the band and every one sounds better. very glad the low vocals are more frequent this time, and fuck the new song has good drumming with the blastbeats and double bass.....it surpasses anything on from your grave (in my opinion) just wow , im not even done listening to the song yet.!!!!

4. SepulcreUnearthed

SepulcreUnearthed New Metal Member

Holy shit is this album going to be good.

5. Nabocho

Nabocho New Metal Member

Love it, Dead And Gone was a very good track, but this is a killer from beginnig to end:headbang:

6. Beh3moth

Beh3moth New Metal Member

damn. they're both awesome. i like the guitar solo's in The Murder. its all really good though. i'm hoping to come see you at the backbooth in orlando.

7. dtsheist

dtsheist New Metal Member

Love this new song too. Just reconfirms that Riders is going to be awesome, and most likely in my top 5 of the year like i expected.

8. Walls1441

Walls1441 Member

I've probably listened to this song 50 times already.
    Will see you friday in raleigh.

9. Maxwell314

Maxwell314 New Metal Member

If a single song could sell an album, this would be it (The Murder). There wasn't one track I didn't enjoy on From Your Grave, and I hope this one is just the same. It seems that my hopes are going to come true :)