This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone check out the new raw demo from CRIMSON GLORY 'Garden of Shadows' yet?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by IanRingler, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Claus / Intromental

Claus / Intromental 20 years of uniting the powers of metal

Agreed! There are a couple of good ideas in the song but it needs a serious re-write.

2. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

as a CG fanboy, and keeping in mind this is just a rough demo, I like it and i can't wait for the finished product.

3. Prog_Muse

Prog_Muse Ëana Novía

This wasn't really clarified in the press release, but this song wasn't written by all members. Jon wrote the guitars and handed it to Todd to see what he would do with it. Afterward, they added Jeff's (awesome) bass. So considering that, its a pretty good first effort from the rookie. :kickass:

4. Dragon KLaw

Dragon KLaw Shadow Lurker

This has captured my attention. Looking forward to hearing a finished version.

Funny note on the Tate comparison, I ran into a friend over the weekend that I haven't seen in almost 15 years. He was a big time Ryche fan back in the day. Like everyone else he lost interest around HITNF. Being completely unaware of anything other than what is played on radio today, I played this for him not telling him who it was. His first guess was Queensryche. His comment was that Tate sounded better than he has in quite a while. Scotts drums sounded different and the direction of the music still had him miffed. Then I told him who it was.

5. Pelata

Pelata FINAL SIGN

Oh, he was singing it well. It was just taking so long to get going and dragging out trying to create some kind of dramatic build that I lost interest...

6. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Just heard the song. Completely underwhelming. Like a few said, it needs a serious re-write.

7. sccaldwell

sccaldwell Guitarist Wannabe

ROFLMAO!!! :D

8. Element_man

Element_man Lord of the Realm

I was pretty bored. I'd be more forgiving of this song being a "raw demo" if it sounded at all like a "raw demo" as opposed to a "finished song that hasn't been mastered yet." I was expected some live rehearsal jam of a new tune or something

9. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Right, but if you're trying to get the word out about the sandwich, why would you serve a plate with just the bread ?

10. Dominick_7

Dominick_7 Member

Taking it for a demo, ie what it is, it sounds good.