This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Arcturus announced for Progpower 2011?

Discussion in 'Borknagar' started by Kerros, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Black Swan

Black Swan Member

Hi all. I just wanted to make sure everyone heard about Arcturus cancelling ProgPower. :( You can read the announcement on the ProgPower forum.

I hope it doesn't mean they've given up on their reunion; the statement they gave really doesn't tell us anything.

2. Kerros

Kerros Kerry nooo!

The promoter's reaction is so hilariously unprofessional.

3. ShadarLogoth

ShadarLogoth Long Dead God

If that's all that the promoter recieved from the band I would be fairly pissed as well. I'm sure there are many pissed off ticket holders right now who bought the tickets because Arcturus were going to play in North America, I was almost one of them, I'm glad I didn't buy them now.

I have some minor promotion experience, and it can be a real headache once you've started advertising and bands or venues decide to start fucking around with you.

4. Ozell

Ozell Member

... and I heard that it will be replaced by Ihsahn, but I guess you have to wait for the official announcement from Ihsahn or ProgP.

5. AnTz0r

AnTz0r Crimson King

awesome! ihsahn's latest album is amazing. i still wanna see him live! too bad im not in the US!

6. Ozell

Ozell Member

7. karpsmom

karpsmom Member

The statement sounds to me like they just aren't well practiced because it's been so long since they've played together. Just written in Arcturus talk

8. CirrusClouds

CirrusClouds Playing On Cirrus Clouds

Good news is that they are planning to play in Poland in November. A good sign that maybe Arcturus isn't dead after all! -Luke

9. Elvina

Elvina Tree-Hugging Space Elf

you have much faith if you still think this is going to happen

10. Undefined

Undefined Indefinite Entity

I was quite sure this would happen which is why I didn't buy tickets or make travel arrangements :\

11. CirrusClouds

It very well may not. It's good to see that they are at least showing some interest in getting things rolling again. I hope it does happen. Even more than that, I hope they just record another album. That would be better. -Luke

12. Elvina

Elvina Tree-Hugging Space Elf

couldn't agree more! but somehow the whole Arcturus comeback thing has always seemed to me as too good to be true kind of thing... That's why it didn't surprise me in the least that they called it off after all... I guess i will only believe it when i've heard their new material or seen a vid from their live gig on utube :lol:

13. ShadarLogoth

ShadarLogoth Long Dead God

to be completely honest, while I enjoyed sideshow symphonies, I don't feel they should bother getting back together unless Garm is involved.

Vortex is my favorite singer in all of metal, so this isn't a slam on him.

14. CirrusClouds

I think Simen was able to express his singing the best with Arcturus. With Lamented Souls, he's playing guitar and with Dimmu, he was busy playing bass with limited singing parts in general. I love all of Arcturus' work but Sideshow Symphonies is the icing on the cake in a lot of ways. The synthesizers are excellent on The Sham Mirrors. I think the songs on S.S. are much more expressive from ALL the members as a whole. I feel like each instrument was just as important as the rest. Honestly, I love Garm's singing, but I think Simen is better at making the vocals fit the song. -Luke

15. Kerros

Kerros Kerry nooo!

LMI is the best Arcturus album because it has Garm and Simen at the top of their games.