This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are the Nuclear Blast remastered editions worth it?

Discussion in 'Threshold' started by Mullmuzzler, May 6, 2015.

1. Mullmuzzler

Mullmuzzler Member

Has anybody compared the audio between both the original releases and the newly remastered editions?

2. karl groom

karl groom Member

Wounded Land and Psychedelicatessen are new audio masters compared with the originals; the rest of the catalogue remains the same. In addition, Wounded Land, March of Progress and For the Journey were mastered separately for vinyl release.

3. Mullmuzzler

Mullmuzzler Member

Thanks Karl! This helps a lot. I really appreciate the answer.

4. Kobis

Kobis New Metal Member

Hello,

i recently re-discovered vinyl. Bought a decent turntable (teac tn300) and started buying records. Pre-orderded Legends and bought every previous album that i could find. They all sound horrible! When i play a Threshold record it sounds like i blew up my speakers. It's like the recording levels are to high.The sound is disrupted.

Did a little investigating. Is it my system? Is it the element of the turntable? No, cause when i play Marillion (script for a jester's tear) 2012 pressing or any other Lp that i bought. Some new and some second hand.....no problem? They all sound great.

So Karl just wondering......did you ever heard or played a recent pressing of a Threshold album?

@Mullmuzzler..Do you own any Threshold Vinyl and do you recognize my problem?

Update: a friend of mine pointed me to this website: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max?artist=threshold

here is a youtube video explaining the Loudness Wars...

Damm i bought some expensive album covers..........

Update 6-10-2017

After having some vinyl fanatics over for a listening (same conclusion, the records sound horrible) we played them at their houses.....no problem??

I returned my Teac TN 300 and bought a Pro-Ject turntable.........Problem Solved!!!

the mystery why this happened stays...........................................

#4 Kobis, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    MetalAges likes this.