This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are we all going to pretend this never happened?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Oblivion Ocean, May 4, 2016.

1. labrekk

labrekk Member

3 out of 12 is not too bad on this album... You have 9 covers of other artists...

2. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold WallyWorld anyone?

I like it. Liked the original version as well. I'll buy the album. Would like to see how he did with Hotel California.

3. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold WallyWorld anyone?

And is it me? Or does his handlebar remind you of a modern day, long haired, Kenny Rogers?

4. Justin G

Justin G Member

He's already done an album of nothing but Dio songs. I love Dio songs and I love Jorn but PLEASE GOD ENOUGH ALREADY.

5. MeTuLHeD

MeTuLHeD A Member To Remember

What HE said. LOL!

'Are You Ready' is a hard rock classic right up there with 'Smoke On The Water' or 'Iron Man' or...well...you get the idea.

No. Wait. You basically trashed his entire solo career. People responded that they actually LIKE some of his solo stuff. You respond with an example of cheesy lyrics and end up quoting a song he didn't even write...not to mention a classic rock staple. People further defend the man's work. And now he's The Pope of The Forum? Really?

Care to embarrass yourself further? :rolleyes:

6. MeTuLHeD

Have you seen the original video? I think it's kind of taking the piss. Trying to out awful the awful if you get my drift.

And by the way, I find most of his recent discs...especially the cover stuff...to be pretty generic and boring. But I loved his early solo stuff, as well as his work with Ark, Masterplan, Millennium, Allen-Lande, et al. Indeed, I think the Allen-Lande discs are proof that he is at his best when he sings someone else's material.

#46 MeTuLHeD, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. Oblivion Ocean

Settle down Francis, that post had two smiley faces in it, it is pretty clear I was joking. Well except the part about his lyrics "treading in a sea of retarded sexually and bad poetry". Regardless of whether one was not actually his, does little to undermine that point. Finding horrible lyrics by Jorn was like shooting fish in a barrel :)

8. MeTuLHeD

Don't you mean "Lighten up Francis"?

Anyway, Thin Lizzy is an icon and that song kicked ass then and still does now. That was my point.

And as I stated before, his voice IS much better served as a vehicle for someone else's songwriting imo. As a songwriter, he's a great singer. :D

Kez likes this.
  9. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

Album is still boring as sh*t.