This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Artwork by Danimal (www.darkprints.com)

Discussion in 'Eden's Fall' started by BrandonS, Dec 31, 2005.

1. BrandonS

BrandonS Member

Check out this cover artwork created by Dan, the bassplayer for Eden's Fall!

It went from this original...
    [​IMG]

To this by Dan!
    [​IMG]

2. DEADHEART

DEADHEART The Bringer Has Come

he is pretty damn good!!!

3. Danimal

Danimal Inner Beast

Here is the artwork for the Eden's Fall CD...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Design & Layout by Danimal
    Photography by Valerie Panos

4. BrandonS

BrandonS Member

Hey Dan, do you care if I ask you about your methods and training? Like where'd you learn to paint this stuff and what program do you use? And do you use a bunch of layers with transparencies and stuff that overlap, because it kinda looks like that, I don't really have any experience with layers. o_o

5. Danimal

Danimal Inner Beast

Hey Oinkness!

I'd be glad to answer any questions that you have about my "methods and training". However, every piece is different and I do not like to limit myself to specific programs or techniques. My background is in the Video Post Production industry. I have been working with 3D animation, video compositing and graphic design since 1993. I also do a lot of work with film restoration and DVD menu design.

You asked about layers and transparency, etc... Yes, these pictures are made up of MANY, MANY layers (probably 50-60 layers each) combined together to create the final image.

Using layers is extremely useful for creating complex images. It allows you to modify and change parts of the image without changing other areas. I would suggest taking a Photoshop class at a community college to learn the basics. If you are enrolled as a student, you can get HUGE savings on "academic versions" of Photoshop and other professional software packages.

I usually use Photoshop or Adobe Aftereffects for my final composite, though I try to bring in elements and different layers from other programs to create the desired look, texture and mood. This can include anything from digital and traditional photography to 3D modeled and rendered computer generated images to high resolution scans of traditional art (paintings, drawings, carvings, sculptures, etc.) as well as frames from video footage.

If you, or anyone else, have any specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Dan

6. BrandonS

BrandonS Member

The guy who was making my artwork for Satanic Dirge has died. I know this because he has not updated his website, which used to be updated regularly, and has not answered his email. If I knew where the guy lived, I'd call the police and let them know something may be wrong and he may be hurt, but I don't even know. All I know is, something is not right, and he is missing from the internet altogether. :-o

7. Meanspark

Meanspark Member

whoo sad ending, I'm scared that happens to one of my foreign friends.
    Your technique is awesome I'm into that too (www.meanspark.com)
    Would be glad to share techniques with you guys.

8. Danimal

Danimal Inner Beast

Thanks Dude! I checked out your site too! Kick ass artwork...:headbang:

There's a few newer pics in my Gallery if you are interested:

www.darkprints.com

PS. Welcome to the FORUM!!!

9. Meanspark

Meanspark Member

DUDE I love it!!
    My first impression about these pieces are about sadness, melancholy, agressivity, anger, we feel the pain and the guy behind.

keep-it-up