This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Attila's Pantera Cover Band

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by buzz21, Jul 26, 2011.

1. monoxide_child

monoxide_child New Metal Member

i think all this post-death "dimebag was best guitar-player ever" thing is kinda like how at the moment Kurt Cobain died, everyone was all "pearl jam and smashing pumkins are better than Nirvanna", and then when everyone found out Kurt was dead, all of a sudden everone was all like "Cobain was the greatest musician in history"

also
    when Selena died, the specific people that didn't even know who the fuck she was the day before she died, are walking around listening to her CDs the day after she died
    the same exact thing with aaliyah

2. Det Som Engang Var

Det Som Engang Var Viking Bastard

Maybe not where you live.

Everyone knew who Selena and Aaliyah were.

3. Dead Winter

Dead Winter Not faggoty deathcore

Wrong. Nirvana was bigger than anything else in the 90's, there were just different camps. I belonged in the, "AIC and Soundgarden kick the shit out of Nirvana" camp, where I was from the beginning and remain to this day. Nirvana were overrated, sure, but they single-handedly changed music because of how they appealed to the fans.

If you look at PJ and AIC and Nirvana fans today, they're the same people they were years ago; their favorite band is still PJ, AIC, or Nirvana.

4. monoxide_child

when Selena died, i couldn't find anybody that knew who she was before she died except people that had spent time living in Mexico

when Aaliyah died i couldn't find anyone that knew who she was before she died except 1 straight guy and 3 lesbians that thought she was sexy

5. monoxide_child

maybe i wasn't describing everyone in america
    i was really just describing the specific people that i interacted with

6. Det Som Engang Var

Det Som Engang Var Viking Bastard

I feel sorry for those people.

7. monoxide_child

my point was that the deaths of Dimebag Selena Aaliyah and Cobain all resulted in people listening to the music of dead people even though they hadn't listened to said music prior to the deaths of these people, i think the death of almost any musician is going to have this effect
    but for those four people, the effect was on a massive scale

a huge ass amount of people that have never heard any of Amy Winehouse's music knew her as "the crack-head on TMZ"
    and i'm willing to bet that a lot of those people are going to start listeneing to her music now that she's dead, it's kinda morbid, but it happens

8. steven'sbabygirl

steven'sbabygirl New Metal Member

i think that Pantera having a cover band sounds awesome
    i'd go see a Pantera cover band

9. Liverslapper

I love Pantera, but you will find a lot of people in here that hate them.

Awesome covers by the way. My favorite being the Floods Solo (one of dimes best solo's imo)

10. fjooso

fjooso New Metal Member

I also like Aaliyah.She is an American singer, actress and model. As a child, she participated in the TV show “Star Search” and sang at concerts with Gladys Knight. When she was 12, Uncle Alia, who works in the music industry, helped her sign a contract with Jive Records and Blackground Records. Her uncle also introduced her to R. Kelly, who produced her first album, Age Ain't Nothing but a Number. Recently I saw her almost naked https://videocelebs.net/actress/aaliyah she was as beautiful as ever. Her album sold 2 million copies and went double platinum in the United States.

11. MegadeV

MegadeV Member

12. replicated

replicated Threadkiller

Is this a spam?