This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bad News vs Spinal Tap

Discussion in 'Wicked World Discussion' started by Dan T, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dan T

Dan T Member

A friend of mine swears that Spinal is better, and whilst there's no doubting the quality of the band getting lost backstage and Derek Smalls trapped in a coccon onstage.........to me Bad News is stupidly nearer the truth with all its 'Frilly Pink' and 'we're more than a Heavy Metal band' gags

Maybe its a British thing..........but Bad News is funnier - laughing my socks off watching it now

2. Impamiiz

Impamiiz Dedicated

-Is that your chocolate socks perhaps?!:p

3. Dan T

Dan T Member

he he - chocolate socks or not.......

"it says sausages up there. Don't come here, it's a bloody rip off"

:Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

4. Lee_B

Lee_B Readin' me posts are ya?

Tap all the way. I HATED Bad News. No subtlety at all.

But the best spoof metal band was "Iron Lung" from the old Pookiesnackenburger series on Channel 4 in the 80's. Not only was it the funniest but the songs were actually pretty great too :). I'd kill to get my hands on a tape of that show.

5. Impamiiz

Impamiiz Dedicated

he he he.....chocolate socks !! hehe.. I know you're wearing them m8!

ahh well..

To be honest I had a good luagh at BN and Bottom and the young ones are way cool, but I have to say that ST is way more fun... and better!:Spin:

btw, hey did you know that Saxon was one of the Sk "role modles" for the ST movie? ahha... so great! haha circus-pants and HM attitude!! ha ha ...

Cheers
    when do we get an 'I' forum here then Dan?!!
    Get a move on m8! ;)
    See ya in a bit!:)

6. Dan T

Dan T Member

Tap is definitely cleverer - more subtle I suppose - but I do think Bad News is closer to the way it is, all the 'creative differences' and egoism is something you see a lot in bands - and their appearance at Donington is hilarious, and actually the way the Darkness are heading if they ever get a spot on the festival, as they will surely we bottled to hell before a stage invasion ends with the slitting of the singer's throat........