This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bass tone on a Jaguar type bass help.

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by H-evolve, Jan 30, 2019.

1. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

Disclaimer : I'm not a bassist! I own a bass and use it purely to create demos. Therefore, bass tone isn't all that critical, but as most of us here I don't necessarily want it to sound too bad either

The issue that I have is as follows I only own a cheap Fender Squier Jaguar bass. I find that the lower strings lack high end and I was wondering if this is due to the pickup configuration on such a bass. Doesn't matter how I set the EQ on the bass, if I have new strings or not, I find that the low string has a lot less snap than the higher strings. Of course, higher notes on a bass will sound brighter .. But this doesn't seem to be the issue...

So I thought, maybe I should just shop for another bass with a different pickup configuration? Anyone has experience with such pickup config?

I sadly cannot share a tone example right now, but I'm sure you guys will understand what I mean. Again, it's a cheap bass, I'll never achieve a stellar tone, but if I could just fix this at least..

(my typical signal chain is bass - VST Compressor - ignite bass amp VST - orange bass cab IR - Compressor and EQ)