This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bath / LYBM liner notes puzzle: The current state of the game

Discussion in 'Kayo Dot' started by delamarche, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Interlude 3

Interlude 3 New Metal Member

Isotropy likes this.
  2. Numberless

Numberless New Metal Member

Hello everyone, so glad to see this thread is still active. I'm willing to give my contribute for solving the puzzle. Can somebody recap where we're at and what is still to solve? Thank you!

Isotropy likes this.
  3. Isotropy

Isotropy New Metal Member

I think the sigils are the keys to the songs.

Another interesting observation, the color of the page upon which each Sephira name is written matches the corresponding color on the tree of Life. (i.e. Binah is black, etc) not important I don't think, just a cool detail.

Any how, this had to have been decipherable without the secret song initially. Someone who knows what sigils are would likely know about magic squares already. The names of the Sephira would give away which planetary square to use. I think the sigils somehow each spell out the name of a song. The top line of Hebrew in each interlude page then would be the line numbers of the corresponding song.

This is technically just a guess still but it seems pretty logical to me. I think the kicker may be that we are misunderstanding the Greek names in the secret song or they just aren't in the same order as their corresponding Sephira in the next verse of the secret song.

So I think the key is figure out what the freaking sigils are spelling out.

Usually when creating a sigil, the words are written down, then vowels and double consonants are removed.

So for instance: sleep is a curse would become slpcr then that would be used to make the sigil. Hopefully this is helpful.

Side note, planning on seeing Kayo Dot next month in Philly. Can't wait!!

4. Isotropy

5. Isotropy

I'll note that I think what I'm getting at is there are 2 goals in solving this puzzle, in a way.

#1. Just solving it and getting the original intended answer and feeling cool about having the secret knowledge of eternity and also being the dick(s) that ruined the mystery for everyone else.
    #2. Actually determining the complete method to solving it without the secret song.

It's my hypothesis that the sigils simply tell us which songs we should look at. And if that's the case, and we've read into the Secret Song lyrics correctly, we don't really need the sigils at all. Toby's response to the AMA question seems to confirm that the only thing Yayo had wrong was his interpretation of the line numbers. Toby also indicated they probably goofed some of those up anyway when they made the puzzle so we can't take those line numbers as absolutely infallible.

I'm personally very interested to actually uncover the use and correct application of the sigils and I think they were probably the most difficult part of the original puzzle which is why motw made the lyrics to the Secret Song (which btw is SUCH a good song) to sort of reduce the overall level of difficulty. I have little hope of ever solving this aspect of the puzzle as the more I've researched about the topic the more I realize how incredibly difficult it would be to reverse-engineer a sigil.

I think the solution to this puzzle is at the tip of anyone's fingers who takes a moment to simply play around with what's already been done.

Also hot damn, Blasphemy is a great album. Anyone else checked it out?! It's so good!

6. Isotropy

7. Isotropy

I apologize for using this as my journal of thoughts.

Next thought:

In an attempt to reinforce my argument that the sigils are simply pointing us to the songs, note that the number of inflection points of each matches perfectly to the number of letters in each respective word given in the Secret Song. ALSO there are some inflection points that seem to repeat and those repeat points seem to line up perfectly with repeat letters in the Greek words.

Oraios -> Binah -> 6 points.Repeats: 1st and 5th ("O")
    Topio -> Geburah -> 5 points. Repeats: 2nd and last. ("O")
    Petra -> Hod -> 5 points. Repeats: none.
    Ypnos -> Yesod -> 5 points. Repeats: none.

The goal of my argument is to convince anyone attempting to solve to ignore the sigils at this point. The Greek words should suffice in indicating which songs to use HOWEVER...

I'm finding it almost impossible to make any sense out of the indicated lines of Sleep Is a Curse. I'm not entirely sure if we're correct about all the songs. Though Toby never seemed to indicate we were. He seemed to indicate that the line numbers were wrong.

Also the character indicating 400 (Tau) in Yod is unmistakable. But that one poses a major problem. Maybe they were indicating something different there?

I don't freakin know. I promise I'm not spending a ton of time on this. Seriously, I'm not.

8. InfinityPotato

InfinityPotato New Metal Member

I don't know if this a good what I gonna write (I think obvious but I will write this). So the secret message has ALWAYS a first word from those four tracks (They Aren't All Beautiful, Geography, Stones of the October Sobbing and Sleep Is a Curse).

So I guess that we should change some words which make this secret message weird with some first words of the lines from these tracks. I know, its a stupid idea.

Stuff related to the secret message lines:
    First line - Words from They Aren't All Beautiful
    Second line - Words from Geography
    Third line - Words from Stones of October Sobing
    Fourth - Words from Sleep Is a Curse

Even that I think this is stupid, it might help in my opinion.

#28 InfinityPotato, Feb 18, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020 at 2:48 PM
  9. InfinityPotato

InfinityPotato New Metal Member

So here's my result:
    Kinda makes sense now, but still something is off imo