This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Batman: Arkham Knight pulled from steam, plus a rumor

Discussion in 'Bar' started by xphen0m, Jun 25, 2015.

1. xphen0m

xphen0m Member

This is from Yahoo, but the article originally appeared on Gamespot

https://games.yahoo.com/news/batman-arkham-knight-voluntarily-being-011500784.html#

Admittedly, I've never played any of the Batman: Arkham games but this will change when I plan to get Arkham Knight within the next month on PS4. I heard the game is great, IGN gave it a 9.2/10 but they're part of some games' hype machines, in my opinion.

Does anyone here have it? What do you think of it? Are the console versions as f***ed up at the PC version apparently is?

A person who has the PC version told me that it is an absolute MESS and this was a huge disservice to PC gamers.

RUMOR:

The Arkham collection from last gen is being remastered for current gen as a collection.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/rumor-batman-arkham-collection-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4

I have been wanting to play the Arkham games for a long, long time and this is something I think I'll take advantage of: if it happens. I could just buy the past games on Xbox 360 but I really need more games for my PS4.

2. Sloan

Sloan Sounds like shit!

the previous arkham games are great and are perfect on PC. this is why i don't pre order anything - early adopters always get fucked. apparently they outsourced the PC version to a third-party. unfortunately unfinished games are common place these days across all platforms and it fucking sucks.

3. AD Chaos

AD Chaos MGTOW

I happen to have Arkham Origins (came free with a card upgrade) and it's quite boring. If that new one is anything like it, I'd say don't bother.

4. kaomao

kaomao Member

Ah the good old days when there wasn't internet around and you had to deliver a bug-free game.....

5. Nuno Filipe

Nuno Filipe You talkin' to me?

Very true. So boring that I didnt even completed 20% of the game. Arkham asylum still is the best IMO.

6. anotherpaul

anotherpaul Member

Batman nerd speaking. I had a feeling about pre-ordering AK on PC. Glad that I decided to wait.
    Arkham Origins was developed by a different company (WB subdivision) and it is indeed kinda boring at times, but has its moments nonetheless. And the christmas spirit obviously. AA and AC are the shit. Asylum has that claustrophobic feeling that I got reading the eponymous graphic novel, though not as messed up. Reminds me of the atmosphere in The Suffering.

7. theoden236

theoden236 Soul Wandering

Origins get's criticized because it's basically AC rehashed into a prequel. Still solid, but does not even come close to AC. Still have high expectations for AK though.

8. MoTang

MoTang Member

The PC port is an abomination, though they did release a patch that fixed some issues.

Capping at 30 FPS though is a joke in itself, glad I don't really game that much anymore (so I didn't buy this day one) or I would have been ten times more upset.

9. indecizo

indecizo Member

You can just uncap the framerate in a .ini file in the game's folder from what I've read. But yeah a port of that quality and the chore of manually changing the ini file in 2015 is not acceptable. The good thing is that this story has gone mainstream so maybe other devs and publishers learn that you don't piss on your customers.

10. ArsMemoria

ArsMemoria Member

I miss those days. Developers have gotten fucking lazy these days.

11. Sloan

Sloan Sounds like shit!

i think a lot of it has to do with games being HUGE nowadays compared to a few years ago. games used to be made with a very small team, now they have separate fucking departments!

when put under pressure by publishers to get the product out ASAP, then of course there are going to be problems somewhere. just like everything else in our modern age, it's all a race to the bottom in order to save a few bucks anywhere they can.

12. xphen0m

xphen0m Member

I got AK at the end of June and absolutely LOVE it. I'm not a huge gamer and admittedly I haven't played the previous Arkham games, but after playing this, I want to go back and play AA and AC. There's a rumor that those two will be remastered for current gen in time for Christmas this year.