This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Behemoth – At The Arena Ov Aion

Discussion in 'Metal Reviews' started by TheTechnogoat, Jul 31, 2009.

1. TheTechnogoat

TheTechnogoat Protean

Behemoth – At The Arena Ov Aion - Live Apostasy
    Regain Records - 14 October 2008
    By Jack Deming

[​IMG]

As I highly doubt that these guys need an introduction or description, I’ll jump straight to it – the polish blackened death metallers are on their game here. The setlist is diverse enough, sound is great, the playing is tight on all fronts, and Nergal’s banter between songs is characteristically intense. The rhythm and force of his speaking voice is particularly epic - "PRO-METH-ER-I-ON". He does the ancient Roman rhetoricians proud here.

I couldn’t help but notice how well the crowd is mixed and incorporated into the fray, always at least semi-present, as a sort of underlying force that really does amplify and complement the music’s intensity. Kinda the principle of a live record, I know, but it sticks out in a significant way here.

Apart from this, At the Arena Ov Aion really isn’t interesting and unique as a live record. At least, not in the sense that, say, Live after Death is interesting and unique as a live record. It seems, from Nergal’s allusions between songs, that the more important aspect of this recording was on the visual side. So its probably best to go for the DVD release. Particularly if it has any fun special features starring Nergal’s legal battles or his hot polish pop star girlfriend.

Official Behemoth Website
    Official Behemoth Myspace
    Official Regain Records Website

2. Fratt

Fratt Al ur bases r blong to us

This. Really liked the album

3. Eldrun

Eldrun New Metal Member

Behemoth are great live, this can´t be taken away from them, but I agree that this album as a live album is not that interesting.