This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best bass distortion plug-in

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Ermz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. FrankTheSmith

FrankTheSmith Member

2. Progbass

Progbass Member

I've had same kind of issues with the TSE B.O.D v2.0, but dont remember having it with v1.0. For me it only occurs sometimes and re-opening my daw fixes the issue. It's like the drive knob somehow loses its effect as you described it.

3. Variant

Variant In the djesert.

Little late to the party here, but I've recently got good results with the Native Instruments Ramfire plugin, which is a dark sounding Recto tone. The ol' separate channel w/ a bandpass. You really have to get the gain and volume in the sweet spot, but once there, pretty darn good.

4. guy in latvia

guy in latvia Member

Is it safe to run a bass DI into my miced up guitar rig, if i filter out everything below 500hz? Should I filter higher? Should I use a bass cab instead?

5. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

Yeah, it's perfectly fine to reamp a bass through a guitar rig. You don't have to filter everything below 500Hz before going into the guitar amp, just turn down the bass knob on the amp a lot.