This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beyond the Bridge - The Old Man and the Spirit

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by zedowns, Feb 2, 2012.

1. zedowns

zedowns Member

Has anyone else heard this yet? Good prog metal with male and female vocals.

There's some pretty interesting stuff going on in this album. I'm not even sure how much I like it at this point, but at the very least there's a few moments in every song that have me saying "Holy shit."

Its available for stream here:

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-beyond-bridge-streaming-new-album-old-man-and-spirit

If you only have time for a couple of tracks, check out "The Apparition" or "The Struggle".

2. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Thumbs up here. Those that want pure metal should be warned though as there is a TSO/theatrical approach towards the middle.

3. LarryD

LarryD Member

Fantastic disc......especially if you like theatrical rock / metal operas......as Glenn warned, it gets a little limp in the middle, but thats part of the appeal to me.

I think they have 2 males singers and 1 female singer, all good especially the gritty guy who is powerful and dead on ......

I hear bits of SX / Myrath and TSO all over the place.....

Great disc that should make waves once it catches on......

4. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

I've been singing this band's praises since I got the advance copy from Frontiers Records. The vocalists on the album are Herbie (also of Sinbreed) and newcomer Dilenya Mar (a jazz singer). It's going to take a hell of a lot to knock this album out of my top spot for Album of 2012!

5. ToddS

ToddS Member

http://www.beyondthebridge.net/content/band/

I thought it was 2 male singers too, but it actually appears to be just one male and one female singer. The TSO/Rock opera stuff threw me off at first, but I'm getting into this one now.

T

6. zedowns

zedowns Member

Oh sweet! I had written Sinbreed off after a previous listen, gonna have to give them another shot as I'm really digging this singer.

7. LarryD

LarryD Member

Wow !!! if that is one singer, that guy is super talented......he is all over the map vocally, and dead on every time..........

I didn't look at the CD insert, but I'd swear that was 2 different singers......unreal.

8. Bear

Bear Got Shred??

I posted on the other BtB post last week. Great stuff I like it alot!!!

Bear

9. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I spent some serious time with the disc on the road today and it has now achieved "awesome" status. This is essential for any prog fan.

10. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

I knew you'd love it Glenn! :D

11. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Really like this. A lot of prog stuff lately has been boring me, but I do like this quite a bit.