This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Bizarre news concerning Mike Portnoy

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by The King Of Terrors, Apr 13, 2003.

1. The King Of Terrors

Those who regularly visit the Dream Theater page will probably already know what I'm talking about: it seems there was some guy (he's now been arrested though) who went around New York trying to convince people he was Mike Portnoy. Apparently he went pretty far in preparing for his role, because he knew a lot about Mike's personal and business -life. The guy went around bars (from what it says at dream-theater.com I gather gay-bars as well) fooling people into thinking he was really M.P. and managed to steal wallets, credit cards, money, etc... All this is pretty strange already, but the plot thickens; Chris Caffery from Savatage was one of the people the impostor came into contact with, and he too was drawn into the deception. From that point on the lookalike, it seems, succeeded in establishing some contacts within the metal scene (as Mike Portnoy of course) and even made business deals with drum manufacturers and such under Portnoy's name. There's more to the story, but suffice to say it all went pretty far. You can read it all at the DT homepage, but when I went over to the DT forum I couldn't find any threads about it. Even stranger was that I didn't find anything about it at M.P.'s own site or on his forum. Maybe I just overlooked it. Anyway, does anyone know more about this?

2. Demonspell

Demonspell cheating the polygraph

3. Ultimate_Symphony

Ultimate_Symphony Rusted Angel

That's some weird shit, I wonder what Mike thought when he heard the news :lol:

4. SyX-Fan

SyX-Fan Member

"DAMN! What the hell did I drink last night!? I can't remember doing any of that stuff!" :p

5. Ultimate_Symphony

Ultimate_Symphony Rusted Angel

:lol: I bet he was like ''WTF!?!? :eek:'' that must have scared the shit out of him.