This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Blacksmith Interview on crumbs radio 97.7 wext

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by J. Golden, Mar 17, 2012.

1. J. Golden

J. Golden Heaven and Hell Records

The band toured up and down the east coast throughout much of 1985 headlining and supporting many of the times best known metal acts. In 1986 they would release their debut self titled EP. Europe immediately embraced the band (most notably England and Germany). More touring, radio airplay and media coverage followed. But just as quickly as they arrived, so too did they divide and fall. By the spring of 1987 the original line-up was over. However main-man David Smith was not ready to lay Blacksmith to rest and quickly recruited new players and picked up where the first version of the group left off. Several gigs and demos later Blacksmith signed with Tropical Records in late 1988. Tropical Records released �Fire from Within� in early 1989. The band would hit the road to support the new release and played everywhere they possibly could. Once again Blacksmith caught worldwide press attention along with appearances on MTV and many regional cable access programs. The group would even have some of their music featured in several Fox syndicated television programs. With so much exposure, attention, and product endorsements it seemed Blacksmith were on a roll. But as the decade drew to a close so did interest in heavy metal or so it seemed. As the 90s began Dave would put Blacksmith to rest.
    http://crumbs.net/cafe.cfm?season=11#142

[​IMG]

http://crumbs.net/cafe.cfm?season=11#142

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA6Vpecd33c&list=UUohsoSzxGOoNWzUiNi8Pokg&index=14&feature=plcp[/ame]

2. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

And I actually saw the "Monsters" canadian 80's horror anthology show that featured the very first time I had heard of Blacksmith! :)
    I think the song was "A Taste Of Darkness",
    if I'm correct?

3. J. Golden

You are correct.

4. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

Great interview! Brings back a lot of memories from the Albany NY Hard Rock & Metal scene which was off the hook with talent!

5. Logan5

Logan5 Member

Are they not opening for Sabaton now in Albany?

6. J. Golden

Yes they are, they are doing both New York shows. If the show this past Saturday was any indication of what is in store for the Sabaton shows then it will certainly be a treat. I drive up from N.C to see their first show in over 20+ years and well they kicked so much ass. I figured it would be good but not as good as it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]