This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BLIND GUARDIAN's TWILIGHT ORCHESTRA: Legacy Of The Dark Lands

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Aug 18, 2019.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

BLIND GUARDIAN's TWILIGHT ORCHESTRA - Legacy Of The Dark Lands Album Tracklisting, Formats Revealed; New Video Trailer Streaming

"...Promising to be one of the most ambitious projects in metal history, Blind Guardian’s upcoming release will be well worth the wait. The idea of recording an orchestral album originally formed in the minds of the two leading lights of the Blind Guardian universe - guitarist André Olbrich and singer Hansi Kürsch - during the 1990s when Blind Guardian started to use orchestral elements to enhance their opulent sound.

In recent years the giant project started to take shape, and parallel to its epic sound cascades, the lyrical concept was developed. For this, Blind Guardian was able to find support in German bestselling author Markus Heitz, whose latest novel Die Dunklen Lande was released on March 1 2019. The book is set in 1629 and contains the prequel to Blind Guardian’s opus Legacy Of The Dark Lands, which will be released November 8.

Watch the brand new trailer below to get a deeper insight...."

[​IMG]

#1 KingsGene, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. engmtlhd

engmtlhd Member

The masters of metal/orchestra smash-ups are back!!! :headbang:

3. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

I know the BG fans have been long awaiting this album, but..... I'm gonna say it..... This REALLY needs the metal elements mixed in. To me, this sounds like the bonus disc of a new release, with just the orchestrations and vocals. It sounds incomplete, without the rest of the band. I've been a fan since "Imaginations", but I don't think I'll even pick this one up.

4. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Lord of the Rings (orchestral version), Black Chamber (orchestra version), Theater of Pain (orchestral version), The Bard's Song (Part 1), & most importantly, A Past & Future Secret, were all awesome. None contained the metal elements.

Bring on the new one!

5. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

.....but all were part of a larger picture which DID contain metal elements. Judgement reserved until I hear the whole thing.

6. Blackcastle

Blackcastle New Metal Member

Pre-ordered. Looking forward to it.

7. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

Hansi could sing the phone book and I'm in!

8. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

9. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder