This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Borealis - The Offering

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by WorldOfSilence, Jan 26, 2018.

1. WorldOfSilence

WorldOfSilence New Metal Member

From the AFM Records Facebook page:

Watch out for some Canadian progressive power metal coming your way soon! Borealis will release their new album "The Offering" on March 23rd!
    "'The Offering' is our best creation yet, it's a mix of "Fall From Grace" and "Purgatory" with an atmospheric twist. We feel better than ever and can't wait to take this album on the road." - Matt Marinelli (vocals)

26993246_10154953978180810_5017018919355408979_n.jpg

Apparently this one is a concept album. All three of Borealis's previous albums have been excellent, so I'm really looking forward to this.

I particularly like Matt's vocals. He sings in the same rough emotional style as Tom Englund from Evergrey. For some reason I love that style in Borealis, but Evergrey have never done it for me.

2. korruption

korruption Amateur Dentist

The cover art made me think of Blind Guardian's "Somewhere Far Beyond". :D
    This interests me.

Matt's vocals certainly changed, but I'm not a big fan of the less clear/more gravelly tone he used on Purgatory and World of Silence MMXVII. Especially the latter, since the comparisons are much more obvious (with the exception of 'Eyes of a Dream' of course).

Nonetheless I'm still very interested in hearing this when the time comes.

#2 korruption, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  3. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

4. korruption

korruption Amateur Dentist

New song is up:

5. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

I am in the boat of what the hell happened to Matt's vocals on the last 2 albums?? Needless to say - love the vocals here and glad to see the cleaner side back. I hope this is a sign of what the whole album is like vocally. As for the song - does not really do it for me. Pretty safe and sounds really similar to the tempo and style of Evergrey.

Due to the vocals alone - I will be buying this cd.

Brand