This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brainworkx bx_rockrack - another game changer

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Uros, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Uros

Uros Sonic Incision

I say game changer my ass, but we'll wait and see. Supposedly, they have painstakingly modeled a few chains really accurately, and the end user will be able to use any part of the chains separately, and not just the entire chain.

#1 Uros, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Pxz

Pxz Member

Well, it sounds promising !

3. phisk

phisk Member

But what's so new about it? :loco: Isn't that another ampsim?

4. Nimvi

Nimvi Member

Yea, gamechanger is always a relative term anyway. I think those guys put out some great work though, so I think this will be no exception.

Rocktones sound great to me, and would probably have me fooled if you didn't tell me it was an emulation.
    The metal demonstrations sounded a bit scooped and uninteresting to me, but that could have just been due to the setting they went for.
    As almost always with these products, we won't know how it is for metal until someone that plays metal fulltime showcases it. For some reason, even the bigger companies always fail to impress me with their metal-demonstrations. Remember that first video of the minirectos? Meh.

5. electricred

electricred Member

It sounded okay, but not any better than other sims out there... "game changer" is definitely not the phrase I would use.

6. Uros

Uros Sonic Incision

Well, I am skeptical when it comes to amp sim developers claiming they have managed to get a real amp mojo, but Brainworx is a respectable company. Here are some quotes from a company rep on GS:

Maybe this thing will bring something new to the table after all...

7. FearComplexMusic

It's modeled amp sounds ok for rock but the 1960TV sounds great, it's well mic'd and the entire chain is quality so if nothing else, used with your own amps it could be a winner.

8. Nimvi

Nimvi Member

What I wonder is if the cab-part of the chain is a static impulse, or some new technology. I was very interested in the nebula tests some people on this forum where conducting with dynamic cab impulses. That's something I would be interested in a lot more than most amp sims :) A great cab captured with great gear in a great room is something I can only dream of in my current situation.

9. Blacklight_Studio

Realy curious about it! There is also a metal amp and a mesa cab listed an the enf of video and these are even more intersting to listen! Waiting for the demo!

10. Scottxx

Scottxx Member

Th2, JamVox and VST Amp Rack are at the top of best sounding amp sims out there.

11. MIAnn

MIAnn Juniors Member

wasnt brainworx shredspread supposed to be a game changer also?

12. TLTD

TLTD Old dude

Did a reamp from here through it. I think it's great. Reminds me a lot of some recording preamps out there, and what I wished I could do with them (like get them to sound right without a lot of impulsing and tweaking lol).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21300833/bx_rockrack/CarneAsada/SSL3p3.mp3

bx_rockrack is lacking in effects, but they got the core sound right for me. Everything else out there sounds scratchy and flat to me, or really "messed with" to get it to work ya know? This will surely be a love or hate thing depending on what you are after. It's what I'm after so all set. My son is recording with it for his band and he's pretty darn picky about everything I've ever played through. Perfect solution for us all here as I just sold all my rack gear and was shopping around for something, didn't think it was going to be a freaking plugin lol