This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bruce or blaze

Discussion in 'The Iron Maidens' started by silver_maiden65, Mar 4, 2005.

1. silver_maiden65

silver_maiden65 New Metal Member

who you like more girls:the increible voice f our dear bruce-bruce or the voice of blaze.

2. Cendre

Cendre used to be blue & blonde

Bruce is Maiden

3. Air Raid Siren

Air Raid Siren Maidens' Vox

From a vocal standpoint, I have to say I agree. No offense meant to Mr. Bayley. He's a fine singer in his own right, but he just wasn't the right voice for Maiden to me. I have to give him a lot of credit though for his courage. Bruce is an awfully hard act to follow.... :worship:

4. Cendre

Cendre used to be blue & blonde

Going on with comparing voices: strangely enough, listening to early stuff with Di Anno is just fine with me. Caus' he "was there first" maybe. :erk:
    Still, Bruce gave some kind of bonus to the general atmosphere of the songs, compared to the early days. It just fits.

5. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    I have to agree with everything here wholeheartedly. I love Blaze's voice, but I don't think it was right for Maiden. I heard some of his solo stuff and I was like :OMG: It was really great stuff!! Although I do love the stuff he did with Maiden, especially The Clansman. I hold that song very dear to my heart, what with me being Scottish and all.

6. momadave

momadave Your hippie fan

Bruce all the way! I first got into Maiden right when Number of the Beast came out. As I caught up with the band, I loved Paul D stuff too. When Bruce left, I was heart broken. I heard Blaze and I couldn't do it - I wished Maiden became an instrumental band. As Aja said, "He just wasn't the right voice for Maiden." She also brought up a great point...He tried and that took guts! I have nothing against Blaze, he just didn't cut it for Maiden. With that said, I don't think anyone could do it besides Bruce...and Aja :)

my $.02

--David

7. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    I agree also - he was fighting a losing battle from the start! Sometimes when a member is replaced, the replacement can win the hearts of the fans (one example I'm thinking of is Jason Newsted) but sometimes it's just not possible to fill the shoes of their predecessor.

8. MAIDEN67

MAIDEN67 Member

There's no other Maiden singer for me but Bruce. As far as Blaze is concerned, I don't have a lot of respect for him as a person. He has a BIG chip on his shoulder for American bands and that's just bad business all the way around. My friends, a local band, played the Bang Your Head festival in Germany back in June '04 and Blaze was there. Long story short, he started talking shit about Americans and the whole Bush thing and got into my friend's face with it. My friend tried to disfuse the incident, Blaze didn't like, tried to deck my friend, missed and then got clocked. Blaze was down for the count and on his ass. I know my friend very well. He isn't the type of person that is going to get into a confrontation with someone that is just going off like Blaze was, but on the other hand, he will defend himself. I have a lot of respect for my friend and he was highly offended by Blaze that day. It should of been about the music.

9. Air Raid Siren

I respect Paul's work on the first 2 albums (I am most fond of the melodic side of his singing - eg. Remember Tomorrow and Prodigal Son) but I heard Bruce first, too. So for me, he set the standard for Maiden.

He's very uplifting, ya? Often, I find Paul a bit of a dark angel, though the music is lots of fun!

10. No-Mercy

No-Mercy Feanor

bruce is the best singer for maiden, no doubt.

11. ironmaidenfan09

BLAZE BAYLEY ALL THE WAY. BRUCE IS A HORRIBLE VOCALIST. I MEAN JUST LISTEN TO THE ANGEL AND THE GAMBLER THAT IS WHAT MAIDEN IS ALL ABOUT! :D

12. RoboCaster

RoboCaster Victory is at hand.

Clearly Bruce has a trained voice, with character and dynamic control, I remember when the legend was that he trained up here, but I have no idea, however, I can remember when everybody tried to sound like him.

13. Beast In Flames

Beast In Flames Dionysian SadoMaso Animal

Over the 6th hill, down in the 6th valley, behind
    I like all Maiden singers for different reasons. Bruce is great, but I still believe he couldn't do what Blaze did on TXF. And the sound of the first two albums with Paul is just classic.

14. Air Raid Siren

:oops: You are waaaay too kind! Bruce is the architect - and I'm just swimming in his wake!! I have to say that singing these songs has been both enlightening and inspiring! And humbling! (Verrrrry humbling....) What a voice! :OMG:

15. MAIDEN67

MAIDEN67 Member

Dude, I hope you're totally joking!! There's no way that Blaze is better than Bruce. I have his solo stuff and Chemical Wedding is awesome. You're entitled to your opinion and everyone has their preferrence. As my motto goes: "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend your right to say it". So, as another saying goes, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BRUCE IS THE BOMB!!!!!!! :worship: :headbang: :worship:

16. ironmaidenfan09

Haha OF COURSE I am joking, Blaze is a fucking joke, I know some people say 'he is good but just not as good as Bruce" I will go further and say HE SUCKS PERIOD. He has a terrible voice. He shouldn't be singing in ANY band yet alone Iron Maiden!

Bruce is a legend the best Metal vocalist of all Time and one of the best frontmen of all time a true genious that man is

17. Lusitano

Lusitano Member

I think Bruce is much better singer than Blaze we can realize that on the clansman, Bruce gave is soul to that music first time I’ve hear him singing clansman it looked like other music.

18. Luz

Luz Cowgirl From Hell

I think this thread is kinda stupid (no offense to the person who made this) concearning that Bruce is Iron Maiden.

Or it could be the same as: Bruce vs Paul
    Paul has a great voice, I saw him last year. But he's NOTHING compared to Bruce.

So Bruce wins. SIMPLE.

19. Lusitano

Lusitano Member

But Paul is much better singer than Blaze...

20. Blayne

Blayne Bass player

i never really had a interest in mr. bayley but when maiden had to get ride of Paul and got bruce it was like 50/50 decison because, with paul the band was a lil more punky but with bruce the band was a lil more arty