This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brutal/Metal/core?/Stuff... (I dunno what genre(s) this falls into)

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by lilhermiejobo, Dec 28, 2014.

1. lilhermiejobo

lilhermiejobo Member

Wrote this earlier in the year, around March or April and sorta forgot about it.
    Going for something heavy, but I think it came out kinda generic. I never like my own tunes for more than a day or so...
    I don't have a vocalist to work with but I imagine something along the lines of Whitechapel or Acacia Strain type vocals when I listen to it.

How does this sound to you guys? Would anyone be interested in trying vocals?
    Cheers! :kickass:

#1 lilhermiejobo, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. SkylarWanke

SkylarWanke Member

I think it sounds good! I like the song. I feel that the mix lacks some "oomph" though. Everything else sounds really good though, in my opinion.

3. nezvers

nezvers Beast

I like brakedowns, but than half song consisting from brakedown... no!
    Mix is grate and guitar tone... except palm muting. It sound like palm resting over neck pickup.

Combine these 2 videos

#3 nezvers, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. lilhermiejobo

lilhermiejobo Member

Thanks, man! I think I know what you mean. It doesn't hit as hard as I'd like it to. When I listen to some of the other clips posted here (the drums especially) have a really crisp/punchy quality that I haven't figured out how to achieve.
    To my ears, my own stuff sounds like a bit more 'modern' type metal but mixed kinda old school if that makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback, dude! Hahaha, fair call with the breakdown stuff. It IS pretty chuggy/breakdown-ish but that's what I was hearing in my head when I started writing so I just went with the flow, man!
    Those videos are pretty funny, btw haha