This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CD INZANE - anybody know what's going on?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by SwordLord, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwordLord

SwordLord Attack!

There is a Facebook rumor that CD INZANE is out of business. The website is down and I cannot find any official news on FB.

Does anybody know what's happening? This would certainly be a tragic turn of events ...

2. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

I noticed this too. I was interested in buying some CDs today and saw the same thing. I hope it's just a temporary website glitch and they're not out of business!

3. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

From what I am hearing he is done.

4. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold WallyWorld anyone?

I only see that the site is down for temporary maintenance.

5. ZaneF2010

ZaneF2010 KS Metalhead

I was curious also since I have several CDs on pre-order with him. I wonder if I'll see those CDs or my money back.

6. PureXul

PureXul Member

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, I'd suggest emailing him asking him for a refund, giving him a reasonable amount of time to respond (72 hours), then reversing the charges. I haven't heard any of the rumors of why he's out of business but if he is, you're certainly not going to get your CDs, and I'd be surprised if he's motivated to give people refunds.

7. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Edit: I have just confirmed that CD inZane has in fact gone out of business.

8. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Ouch. Loss to the community. Sorry for Zane. He's a good guy.

9. TempleOfBlood

TempleOfBlood Member

Sorry to hear that. I thought it was a great business.

10. J. Golden

J. Golden Heaven and Hell Records

Seems like that would be something for Zane to announce and not you. Seems, will kinda dick-ish.

11. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

Why? Zane is not necessarily going to see this specific message board thread, so if Milton has confirmed info that the store has closed, what's wrong with letting people know?

12. Imajica

Imajica Member

Zane does frequent this site. So yes, it should be up to Zane to make the announcement.

13. J. Golden

J. Golden Heaven and Hell Records

I knew about it days ago but it is not my place to say anything or spread any rumor or even fact.
    Yes it is Zane's place not anyone else's who thinks or needs to let other know that they are "in the know".
    It sucks that he is ending though, but I know how stressful and difficult this biz can be. Still no reason to speculate I suppose. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do.

14. SteelFireRecs

SteelFireRecs Member

good riddance

15. The Fiddler

The Fiddler Just Do It.

Good luck with that. I'd call your credit card company and start the charge-back process ASAP. As for getting an e-mail response from Zane, the only way you're going to get a (rude) reply is if you mention that you are going to pursue a charge-back or file a complain with the BBB. I placed a couple of orders with CD Inzane since ProgPower and the process of getting my money back for in-stock discs he never sent was tortuous. It's too bad. CD Inzane was the only place I shopped back in 2006 and service was great.

16. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Jeremy,

While I did find your comment rather ironic, I'll skip that part.

You make it sound like I made an official announcement on behalf of CD Inzane. If you drive by a store in town and see that their doors are closed and their sign has been removed, are you a dick for telling your friends that it closed?

If Zane has gone out of business and has neglected to tell his clients, especially those with outstanding orders, then who's really a dick?

17. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I am not spreading a rumor. Someone told me a fact and I passed it along. Wtf is so bad about that?

I think at this point, the last thing I need to do is "let people know I'm "in the know." People know me and my reputation, the same way they know yours and Zane's. Just back off and quit trying to make an argument or pick a fight over something stupid.

18. MYSTIC1

MYSTIC1 Member

While I spent tons of money there over the years, I had to deal with a fair amount of rudeness when issues arose with an order. Always thought their customer service sucked. I wonder if that did them in???

19. DADRocks

DADRocks Member

Same here. Enough so that I also say good riddance. Any issues were never due to him, and forget trying to cancel an order. If I tried canceling after not getting a cd for months, I'd get it somewhere else and then the guy would send it. The guy had "millions" of customers and I didn't matter. Well, I'm guessing he said that a lot. I'll stick with Amazon and LaserCD......both have fantastic customer service.

20. nailz

nailz Member

One would think he'd make an announcement somewhere when it happened, especially to this group. Beyond you wanting to antagonize, I don't see the problem. And it's not like he's said anything even now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.