This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Centerstage was the home of....wrestling?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA Lounge' started by espz, Jan 28, 2016.

1. espz

espz Member

So I didn't know this, maybe everyone does and I'm just out of the loop. I was reading about Andre the Giant's last tv appearance and it just happened to be in one of our favorite places:

Kez likes this.
  2. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

Haha, I remember seeing the Beach Boys there back in 91 or 92.

3. metalprof

metalprof Ken Luther

Yes, you are out of the loop :) Center Stage is like wrestling Mecca, I feel like I have to pause and have a moment of silent appreciation of walking in hallowed ground every time I approach the front of the building. This was a long time home of wrestling broadcast on Saturday night on TBS for years before the era of WCW Monday Nitro. We should all let out a shout of WHOOOO! every time we enter the building once graced by Ric Flair!

A brief Wikipedia reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_Stage_Atlanta#WCW_Saturday_Night_.281989-1996.29

Kez likes this.
  4. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

I'm a huge wrestling fan... I watched NWA and WCW when it was filmed at Center Stage... when I'm walking around in the dressing rooms I think to myself, "this is wear the Nature Boy was putting on his robe" or this is wear the Road Warriors cut all those famous promos... a lot of history there!

5. freakchylde

freakchylde PPUSA Driver o' Doom!!!!!

They still host small shows, as well as MMA/Kickboxing fights.

6. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

The Great Gordon Soley would be disappointed in you, espz