This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cheap Trick Fans?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by The_Q, Dec 10, 2010.

1. The_Q

The_Q No More Posts

I love the old stuff and I love the new stuff. Don't get me wrong I do not like all of their material but like a vast majority of it. I was curious as to how people on this board feel about them. I saw them for the first time last summer open for Def Leppard and Poison (they should have headlined!).

2. johan68

johan68 Member

Cheap Trick is one of those bands that is great live, but I have always found them kinda bland on record. I only saw them live once, opening for Budgie of all things... Or maybe Budgie opened for them? However, live they were amazing.

3. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I like them quite a bit....just a cool band that keeps chugging along year after year. I think "Rockford" was one of the best rock releases over the last 5+ years....killer cd. "The Latest" is a pretty solid release too.....their "Sgt. Pepper Live" cd was a little lackluster, but it's always cool to hear Cheap Trick covering The Beatles. I always keep my eyes open for a new Cheap Trick release.

4. No-Mercy

No-Mercy Feanor

only song i know is the one from Top Gun called Mighty Wings- and that is a great track.

most people that are into them told me that its not a good representation of them though and that they dont really sound like that so never got around to checking them out beyond that

5. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

I'm pretty sure you've heard more than one song...."Dream Police"?.... "I Want You To Want Me"?...."The Flame"?...."Surrender"? Just listen to some classic rock radio for a bit and I'm sure you'll hear some Cheap Trick.

6. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Yep, I like them. Not a huge fan.
    Always great live. I think I have seen them like 5 times.

7. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/152027

Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 at 22:51:33 EST

CHEAP TRICK frontman Robin Zander recently spoke with Gary Graff of Billboard.com about his band's upcoming Dream Police concerts - 12 shows scheduled for January and February 2011 - which will feature the Rhythmic Noise Philharmonic Orchestra & Mind Choir. An excerpt follows:

"It will be like a three-part show," Zander explains, "Dream Police being the core. There's going to be some film, some interviews, some of our other music that's going to be performed by other people - I can't really say special guests, but guests - some medleys done (by) just the orchestra. There will be some different renditions of songs; 'The Flame' will have a different approach to it. We've discussed putting together our own sort of ending that's kind of bits and pieces of songs that are familiar with the audience."

"It takes a lot of time and a lot of thought to not just go in and do the album from front to back but to sort of give a history of what led up to the album. It's going to cover a lot of ground."

To read the article in its entirety, click here.

8. No-Mercy

No-Mercy Feanor

haha thanks for the suggestions but nah man, i just turned 19. i did youtube those songs. "i want you to want me" sounds vaguely familiar...no clue on the others.

but then again none of them did sound like mighty wings to me so ill stick to that...lol

9. Reverend Su

Reverend Su Member

ever watch "that 70's show"? you've heard more CT then ;)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_'70s_Show#Theme_song

i am a long-time fan of Robin and the boys - it's my music for when i want rock, but nothing too...in-your-face - along with some Journey and Boston and the like

10. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

You have NEVER heard the song "Surrender"?????????????????? :yow:

All I have to say is:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0&feature=related[/ame]

11. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

I'm a fan of their early stuff. The modern era cds/albums are very hit & miss with me. Can't beat their first 3 releases, imo

12. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

Saw them this past summer. They still put on a great show. Not a fan of their most recent stuff - but their older stuff from the 70s and 80s are still great to listen to.

It was also great that I didn't have to travel far to see them either, as they came to our po-dunk little town and performed at a summer-only outdoor venue. There wasn't that big of a crowd but they put on a great show regardless.

13. modernwizardry

modernwizardry I want stout!

Saw them maybe 7 years ago playing in Ohio outdoors at the grand 0pening of an giant outdoor walking mall. They were good and I like some of their stuff but don't listen much. My Dad is a huge fan. Robin Zander is a great singer.

Side note...I think most of the band besides the singer were in the band Fuse in the 70s and they put out one really killer hard rock/psych album.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmnJI4nvLD8&feature=related[/ame]

14. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

I remember seeing them back in 1988-89 with HOUSE OF LORDS. Excellent show.

15. shreddy

shreddy Member

My brother and sister took me to see them as my first concert when I was a kid in 79, I want to say they played with Off Broadway but that could have been the time I saw them at Chicago Fest.

16. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder