This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by FossilMerrick, Apr 27, 2008.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I think it demonstrates how much lead melody there is in the song and sort of simplifies it.

2. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Pff, CoB has never sounded particularly atmospheric or mysterious in the first place, save for a handful of songs and that's not likely to change whether you add violin, tympani or Norbix playing the skin-flute. Especially for BoR which sounds particularly melodic and upbeat already.

3. (__Joonas__)

That's probably the most interesting or fitting COB song to make a violin cover out of.

4. predator2353

predator2353 Member

The keys remind me of Atari 2600 :lol: otherwise than that, awesome job with the guitar!

5. Crzy_Aus

Yes, but that's because there's a consistent lead melody throughout the entire song, completely unrelated.

It's also the most boring CoB cover to play, it being their easiest song to play ever. It's no fun if there's no challenge.

6. yahamart

yahamart Member

thx !!do you know good plugin for key ??

7. predator2353

predator2353 Member

Nah, not really. My amp is not even good enough to connect to my PC so I can start recording something :lol: haven't even gotten to the point to think about recording some keys :lol:

8. (__Joonas__)

Easiest song to play... well, not necessarily.

Of course if you'd use violin for the backing stuff, Everytime I Die would be interesting.

9. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

Banned from Heaven too.

10. FossilMerrick

FossilMerrick Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPz8zCg0-dQ&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

11. Steefmachine

Steefmachine New Metal Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbD7FjKLMQ&lc=LfoJEb4v1j0sg1qXcUmE4mV_0Dv0MavbODaCtlhiwEg&feature=inbox[/ame]

12. marfal66

marfal66 Member

long time since i recorded something, especially something of cob, but because this is the most badass solo of the new album, i had to

edit: and lol at the index finger vibrato, second last note

#3992 marfal66, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  13. Crzy_Aus

^ Well played. I see the "official" tab has changed since I learned this solo >__>

Indeed, even if it's one of the simpler ones. Just has that "awesome solo" feel to it.

Hey dude, haven't seen you in a while. Why the fuck do your covers keep getting deleted??

14. Gaz.

Gaz. Ryan Kesler's Bitch

I've got one:

Follow The Reaper Cover

Drums were made with the Drumkit From Hell kit, via Superior Drummer 2.0. All the synth was done with soundfonts and I spent very little time on them. Bass was just a VST plugin that used MIDI, and the guitars are all me. The rhythms were done with my Jackson Warrior, but the leads were done with my KVX10, and to be honest I should have spent more time mixing them and trying to find a better tone. My friend did the vocals and the timing is off in spots, but he's the only person I know who even attempts any singing, let alone screaming. I spent some time mixing them too, but not much. But meh, I think it turned out decently. I also should have practised the song a little more so there's a few fuck-ups, but opinions, negative and positive, are always welcome! :D As long as they're respectful, of course. :lol:

Edit: This is seriously my first post here? Wow. I could swear I've posted in the tab thread a few times. I guess I'm just crazy.

15. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Can't watch it.

Nice cover! Solo need a bit more work but overall nice stuff. How many Alexi guitars do you have?
    I think this is the first cover I've seen from you? Anyways, really good playing! I have never tried to play the fast run in the solo in different frets but it seems that most of you guys think it's easier... Should also try it. And I've noticed that I have never seen anybody playing the fast run at 9/10 seconds (before the bend) correct (except me, lol)...

Don't like the backing track. Drums are... well DKFH. Guitars and vocals are really good!

16. Gaz.

Gaz. Ryan Kesler's Bitch

Yeah, but I have very limited mixing experience and a budget of $0. :lol: Programmed drums though obviously are nothing compared to an actual played kit though. I've been using the free version of REAPER and I (embarrassingly) pirated the kit and SD2.0 until I can afford to buy them. Also my friend lent me his Line 6 UX2 and I used that and gearbox to record them, without any actual mics.

Thanks for the compliment though! My friend's band (I think he's Matt22 on this forum actually) is called Demyze and they self-produced an EP type thing I guess you could call it. If you liked his vocals you can listen to his music on myspace here. I actually made their drum backing tracks for everything they've recorded too since their drummer was so unreliable. :lol: I believe they're still actively looking for a replacement...

I've been wanting to do an acoustic cover of In Flames' "Satellites and Astronauts" but since I started working again I don't have the time. :(

17. Crzy_Aus

That's how it's marked in the tab over at the tab thread... Unless I'm missing something.

18. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Funny thing because I've made the tab... Maybe I'm blind. Or maybe I'm too tired. Haven't slept yet

19. Steefmachine

Steefmachine New Metal Member

Arcane: i have 2, i sold my white one and bought the blacky because of the Cutaway, was annoying to play high frets on my old white one!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOeb27NHqc&feature=related[/ame]
    recorded just through the webcam mic

20. marfal66

marfal66 Member

Yeah I used to have a snbn interlude and an everytime i die cover on youtube long ago but i took em off. And I know I play it wrong, but I realised that after I learned the whole thing and couldn't bother to get it right, sounds good like this anyway so.. But there are more mistakes in the tab, like the tremolo work, some bends...