This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by FossilMerrick, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

You need to practice octaves more, and be softer on your bow :)

2. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

To be honest... that one hurts my ears. It really sucks and sounds really bad. Sorry.

3. Sany

Sany Member

Sorry Mate, not good...

4. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Hm, might have to do another take. Any suggestions?

5. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

For the intro I'd say forget the octave and just play the higher note. Also what might sound cool is doing a vibrato for the second and forth note on the intro

6. Sany

Sany Member

Maybe an cleaner sound, sounds better.

7. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I don't know if I can give you suggestions for Violin. I know that some of your older covers were pretty good though. Practise more?

8. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

He has to be intelligent to play Bodom solos by ear at 11, end of fucking story. Sure our brains are super computers and we only use a portion of their capacity, each individual is more drawn to certain areas of the brain.

The true difficulty and the cheapest way to improve the life is however to keep the eyes open for life's possibilities. Don't waste your time for getting hurt over internet critique, the same time you could use chilling on a lakeshore eating plums.

And yes, the world has so many great instrument players out there, but how many can write as catchy music like Laiho? Creativity is a phenomenon of the brain, playing skills is just motoric techniques after all (to which some are more inclined to than others).

9. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

What a crap. You have to be talented, that's all. I'll highly doubt that intelligence has anything to do with your playing skills dude. :lol:

10. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

the drumming is awful

11. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

But he's 11 and intelligent and he can't do it better with his short arms, legs and fingers.:Spin:

12. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Strange thing is, I think I have this one down pretty tight :erk: Though more practice is always better.

My older covers were mostly acoustic, I'll try to redo this one with a cleaner sound as Sany suggested, I think the same general tone I use for black metal just doesn't work for Bodom. Will probably upload a new version tomorrow.

13. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6yyw-X3qc4&list=UUiqdBALEqxnf-sbyo_BITGw&index=1[/ame]

14. Exedo

Exedo Member

That sounds really nice. Did you change your tone between this cover and the Transference one (As I like this one more)?

15. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Yes. For the song itself, I used another pre-amp model, a compressor, delay and I doubled the guitars (-100,-50,+50,+100). For the terrible bit at the end, I only used amp, preamp and tubescreamer.

16. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

Covers like that keep me motivated, well done :)

17. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Thank you! As easy as that song is, I'm really interested to see Bodom play it live and where it stands on the setlist. I had some problems to hold the tempo through the whole song.

18. muffinformyrat

I always found your playing soulless, too much robotic. There is nothing personnal in your cover, I always wonder why everyone is so impressed by your playing. Even that kid has more passion than you. :/

19. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

easy, but well played and nice to listen to. Since I'm only a beginner, it always impresses me;)

20. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

Covers usually aren't personal....the whole idea of a cover is to play it(cover it) just like the original. Robotic? What does that mean? That he didn't mess up? I mean a robot would play it perfect if it was programmed to do so. Souless? Well he is z german, and we all know they don't have any souls, so....:D

Everyone is impressed because it sounds good(tone) and his playing is not just good, but great. Most of us on here play guitar and know what it takes to play certain things and how hard they can be, even if they sound easy. Lots of the songs on RRF sound easy, but are not. It, IMO, is one of the harder Bodom albums to play.

Do you play guitar? If so how long?

That kid is good for an 11 year old, that's it. He is no guitar god, his playing is nothing special except he is 11. If he were 30 years old would you still feel that he is this great soulful player? Probably not.

@Arcane....good playing as always and I really liked the tone on this one. One of my favorite things about your tone is that you don't try to use a lot of distortion. It really makes your playing sound clean. I see too many covers where they use way too much distortion and it's usually to cover up their playing in one way or another. I can always tell a good player by the amount of distortion used alone. Can't wait for the new album to come out and see more of your covers.