This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cinnamon Girl

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by BushmasterM4, May 27, 2012.

1. BushmasterM4

BushmasterM4 Old Fart

Have not recorded myself in a while (long time). So I have been wanting to do a cover of Cinnamon Girl and figured what the hell. Holiday weekend with nothing to do. Its my take on it, so its not a note for note cover. Vocals are weak as usual I sing out of necessity when I do my own recordings and have no one to fill in on vocals. I just picked up a couple old Fender Lead I's (guitars) and really like these guitars. Used one for all the guitar tracks. The single humbucker fender used on these guitars is crazy !!! Also used a Heartfield DR-4 bass, direct, using its built in XLR jack. These are a Fender product from the 80's and are just fantastic. Carbon fiber impregnated necks. Its my go to bass now. Anyway enjoy and let know what you think of the overall sound and mix.

http://soundcloud.com/taxman-1-1/cinnamon-girl

2. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

Everything sounds pretty good to me. I wish the snare had a little more body and meat to it.

3. BushmasterM4

BushmasterM4 Old Fart

Thanks. Yea I agree I need some more thump on the snare. I back off the HPF a little to add some more substance to it.

4. kronk_1985

kronk_1985 Member

nice to see some different styles of music here. love Neil Young.

5. BushmasterM4

BushmasterM4 Old Fart

Thanks. Heavy Metal from my time was Zep, Judas Priest, UFO and others like them. Now my wife and kids like the newer stuff that most of you guys play. I record alot of it though. I have a small studio that I often record bands (at no or little charge). Keeps me young.