This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

COB Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by sleeper666, May 14, 2013.

1. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Not sure what you guys are talking about, I thought Alexi did fucking brilliantly well by his own standards of live performance. That second dude is impressive too but I for one don't like that Zakk Wyldesque mashed potato soloing - all the right ingredients end up in a mess because "yolo swag 400bpm Advanced Fast Hand Finger Wizard".

2. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

3. Sany

Sany Member

He sounds in the 1:35 Part like he has Neck pickup sound :S

Also i think alexi wasnt that sloopy...

4. rj rl

Also HNY guys, 3 hours til midnight here!

5. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

^Happy new year to you as well
    About the guitar battle, I honestly think there wasn't a single good lick in there. The "mashed potato" -licks sound good for one or two bars, but after that they lose their effect. Same with tapping, hate that shit.

Edit: a bit biased opinion, but one nonetheless

6. Marowak

Marowak Member

Guitar cops.. guitar cops everywhere.

7. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I think we're used to Bodom guitar wizardry, and this stuff is meant to impress 80's heavy metal fans. I don't think they stressed about it. Well maybe they should've, especially Alexi, who's under constant scrutiny.

8. rj rl

I don't think he needs to prove something to someone anymore :)

9. Norbix

Norbix Member

Whenever the Alexi sloppy conversation pops up nobody mentions that Alexi broke his arm. Isn't that that cause? It's funny when you go to youtube vids and half the comments are Alexi shouldn't be playing drunk live, but he's never done that. The man was a wizard playing live before that.

10. Hellhounds On My Trail

Some nice info about THE LOCAL BAND:
    Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ho...forces-to-perform-covers/#exqGLH9TDs6IoQrb.99

11. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

He was playing sloppy long before he broke his arm lol. Somewhere around the time they finished HCDR he got that way. You guys can deny it all you want, but listen to him missing his harmonics in that vid and how sloppy his tapping is. Go back and watch the videos of them in Seoul for instance and see how bad they butchered KtS at that show. No shit he's under constant scrutiny, he has too many people who idolize his guitar playing for him not to be. There are other guitarists out there who play consistently better than he does and you don't hear people bashing on them for a reason: They can actually play clean.

I know this is a pretty much pointless discussion, especially here in on-topic where all you are penetrated balls deep by Alexi's ego, but he's not the greatest guitarist ever. He makes mistakes.

You guys can go ahead and begin your rant now about how he's the best guitarist for how 'tasteful' he is, but even that is subjective. Playing sloppy is not.

12. Wild_One69

Wild_One69 Member

Don't know what are you guys smoking, but I wouldn't call Alexi's playing on that video ''sloppy''. Also the licks Alexi is playing are a lot harder than those fucking stupid one string tapping licks or pentatonic runs which can be done by everyone after like 2 years of guitar playing.

13. Wild_One69

Wild_One69 Member

And to the other topic, Alexi broke his wrist first time in 2004. It's no surprise that his playing went downhill after that. I remember him telling in interview that doctor said to him that the wrist would never heal fully.

14. Wild_One69

Wild_One69 Member

I find it funny when people are always so fast to ''judge'' other people without realizing the facts or thinking a bit before.

15. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Okay.

Fact: Alexi can nail his solos in the studio but not live, which is clearly the only place his wrist affects him. Pull his dick out of your mouth, he's not even that good of a guitarist. Yes, really.

16. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

You're also trying to imply that Alexi's solos are anything more than basic pentatonic and sweep shapes with some tapping thrown in here and there. Please gtfo. Go listen to some Frank Gambale or someone who's actually managed to break out of typical scales, modes, and shapes. Now go ahead, call his music boring and I'll go ahead and do the same thing with Alexi's playing anywhere past 2005.

17. Wild_One69

Wild_One69 Member

:D I knew I would get rage from defending Alexi. I haven't said that Alexi best guitarist or anything similar so please don't rage. Alexi was really fucking great guitarist in his 20-25 year age, you can't deny that.

I see that you are 26 years old, but you rage like little kid. Really calm down. Also everyone can throw out some fancy guitarist and tell about some modes and scales without really knowing anything about music theory or music itself. So please dont spread that shit around to make yourself look like something.

18. Wild_One69

Wild_One69 Member

Also I have never said that their new albums are fucking glorious or something. This is what I meant about thinking before writing. You pull things out of your own head. Yes Bodom has wen't downhill after FTR I don't deny that, but you just seemed to be like one of those guys who yell their shit around internet how everyone sucks and think they are fucking best thing in the world. That just pisses me off.

19. Norbix

Norbix Member

Alexi broke so many bones, man. Maybe it's his wrist I'm thinking of, who fucking knows?! Anyways, it was definitely the breaking of the bones probably that started with that 2004 wrist. Here in 2003 he's playing the solos as good as you're going to get them:

It's kind of a shame. What's the longest he went with broken bones? I thought I remember he couldn't play for like 6 months or something in between HCDR and AYDY but I don't even know anymore this band has been around for a long ass time now. At least he sounds good when you see them live.

#59 Norbix, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. Sany

Sany Member

For me Alexi is one of the best guitar players. COB is one of the Reason i started to play Guitar. Also the riffs and Solos, the build of Riffs is for me awesome and i am everytime asking how Alexi/Roope are creating all this Stuff.

Yes he had a sloopy time, especially the RRF-Time when they played life, should be 2011 i think. But now Alexi is getting again his "power"

#60 Sany, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015